about 1 year ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future. WSP are looking for a Topographical Surveyor to join our new Guildford Survey team. The role represents a great opportunity for a Topographical Surveyor working primarily in the Highways Infrastructure, but also on Water Sectors, Rail, greenfield or brownfield sites.
The ideal candidate will be looking for their next career step where you can work on a range of UK projects, where they will have an opportunity to build a team, develop and grow their skills, experience and careers along with WSP's topographical surveying consultancy offering. You'll have a good understanding of topographical surveying, and project and commercial considerations. You'll also demonstrate drive and ambition and a desire to contribute to projects and support delivery and client interfacing.
A typical week would include:
• Carrying out Land and Engineering surveys with respect to briefs and instructions from the Principal Surveyor
• Processing and checking surveys, whilst rigorously adhering to and ensuring that the prevailing standards and rules of WSP are followed.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* HND or equivalent in surveying or a related discipline, membership of a professional body would be advantageous
* Proven track record in leading/being a member of a survey team
* Comprehensive understanding of topographical surveying, and project and commercial considerations
* Demonstrate drive and ambition and a desire to contribute to projects and support delivery and client interfacing
* Knowledge and experience of surveying in several environments
* Experience in using the latest surveying equipment, scanning knowledge would be an advantage
* Proficient in n4ce or MX and AutoCAD
* Ability to communicate unambiguously to public and team members
* Ability to operate effectively in all weather conditions, or at night
* The skills to check and critically evaluate the work done by others, such as Drawings, Calculations or Reports
* Active contribution to Technical Excellence and innovation across the survey team.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.