6 months ago
Requisition ID: 210023
THIS IS A SHORT TERM ASSIGMENT - AGENCY - 6 MONTHS
1. Purpose of the Job
To support effective delivery of the Testing and Commissioning of the Signalling works in designated areas through the coordination of interfaces, monitoring and reporting of progress, and resolution of problems.
2. Principal Accountabilities
* Overseeing testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
* Facilitating interfaces at designated sites, including interfaces between designated contractors and adjacent contractors, including Principal Contractors.
* Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme; reviewing productivity of tested quantities against forecasts.
* Completing daily reports; keeping the Construction Manager informed of contract and site progress & performance.
* Supporting the Project Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor.
* Providing testability input during review of contractor/engineering submissions.
* Reviewing the contractor’s works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
* Monitoring contractors compliance with contractual requirements regarding mobilisation and logistics
* Providing support to the Project Field Engineer / Construction Manager in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of NCRs and snag list items at contract level.
* Monitoring and supporting the contractor’s compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role
* The review and acceptance of contractor submittals as allocated.
* The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
Mandatory CRL Requirements
* Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for Crossrail’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail’s Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail’s information or information systems at risk
3. Main Challenges of the Job
* Supporting the Project Manager in monitoring the progress of the works against programme and tracking site activity.
* Supporting the Project Manager in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
* Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi-tier infrastructure project.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
* Reports to a designated Construction Manager
* Works closely with Project Field Engineer, Business Manager, other Site Engineers, Area HSE representatives, Community Relations representatives
* Collaborates closely with contractor’s and subcontractor’s representatives
* Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders and community representatives
5. Person Specification
* Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
* Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
* Understanding of project controls processes
* Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
* Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
* Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents
6. Role Specific Requirements
* Knowledge of signalling systems (e.g. communication based Signalling Systems)
* Previous relevant experience in the testing and commissioning project delivery of signalling systems in the rail industry
* To drive the programme and be results driven
* To produce progress reports of construction and T&C activities
* To have proactive can do attitude and be prepared to take the initiative
* A proven flexible problem solver with project delivery experience
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.