10 months ago
Role Title and Location: Test Systems Development Engineer (Bolton)
Job Ref No: P7182
Reports to: Test Equipment Technical Lead
Salary: Up to £35k + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
An opportunity has arisen to develop Test Equipment for some of MBDA’s most advanced products, and support this same equipment in a brand new production facility. The role encompasses a broad spectrum of engineering technologies offering the right candidate challenges not only in their core discipline, but also scope for growth. This role is based in Bolton.
* Supporting the development of test systems on a wide spectrum of technology, and providing qualitative assurance of the product conformity and meaningful data to demonstrate process control
* Supporting existing test systems, used in a wide variety of situations (including live missile testing) to maintain high end capability
* Provide technical support to project teams, manufacturing teams, customer support functions and the customers themselves on test aspects.
What’s in it for you?
* The opportunity to work on some of the most advanced engineering products in the sector
* The opportunity to develop and grow into broader engineering disciplines (analogue, digital, RF optical, ESS, power and more)
* The ability to specialise in certain fields
* A broad and varied technology and skill base
* A broad network of contacts within the defence industry
* The opportunity to travel to other European and non-European countries
What’s great about the team?
* A small team working in a larger group creates a fantastic local atmosphere with a good level of support and challenge
* You will be working in a brand new bespoke production facility with a modern environment and the opportunity to develop new tools, techniques and processes
* A group working within a leading company offers all the benefits that a large company can bring. Scope for development, competitive benefits package, good local support, and great atmosphere.
What are we looking for?
* Ideally HNC qualified in a relevant electronics / electrical / RF discipline.
* Experience in operation and structure of test solutions (RF experience advantageous)
* Experience in a production support role is an advantage, but not essential
* Familiarity with some of the Test Techniques used on RF, Analogue, Digital, Optical, Comms, functional test and ESS processes
* You will be enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and keen in interest in pushing yourself. You will acknowledge your own capabilities and seek guidance where needed.
* A good communicator with the ability to influence the design of the product to enhance its testability.
* Good problem solving skills and the ability to contribute positively to engineering investigations
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.