about 1 year ago
Role Title and Location: Test Systems Design Engineer
Job Ref No: P5983
Reports to Relevant Test Systems Project Lead
Salary: Up to £50K DOE + Excellent Benefits Package
What’s the opportunity?
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Test Systems team for Principal Engineers to lead, or become integral members of, this multi-disciplined team.
The Test Systems team is tasked with supplying a full range of test solutions, from overall Missile test to Board test plus Simulators and Field Support equipment. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical and leadership skills across our broad range of products.
What will you be doing?
This multi-faceted role encompasses leadership of the design activities of highly skilled teams often working on leading edge Test Systems products from conception through to customer support. Task planning and cost estimating are elements of the role, but the main focus will be the delivery of the required technical solution.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role. The activities of the role will often span the international boundary and encompass our French and Italian colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company and multi-skilled team. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
What’s great about joining this team?
The UK Test Systems team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including specialisation on hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. These skills are located together in one plateau providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
* Significant and proven experience in similar roles, preferably in the automotive, aerospace and defence industries.
* Substantial demonstrable experience of designing manual, semi-automated and fully computerised ATE [Automatic Test Equipment] using COTS and / or custom special to type based equipment.
* A broad technical knowledge of Test System architecture definitions, embracing Electronic, Mechanical and Software disciplines.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* A good understanding of the design processes and best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
* Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills
* The capability to write clear and concise e ngineering documentation.
* Familiarity ofsoftware languages and tools used in automated test solutions (i.e. National Instruments CVI / LabView / Test Stand, MS Visual C++, C etc.)
* The pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a quality product on time and to cost.
What would you get?
* Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news