8 months ago
Role Title and Location: Test Systems Architect - Stevenage
Job Ref No: P5984
MBDA Level of role: Level 5
Reports to Head of Test Equipment Design
What’s the opportunity?
MBDA has entered the next phase of its exciting evolution as a world class and dominant European missile company. The growing workload within MBDA has created exciting opportunities within the Test Systems team for a Test Systems Architect (Senior Principal Engineer level) to lead the technical definition and design of one or more Test Solutions, incorporating the latest best practice and technologies.
The Test Systems team is tasked with supplying a full range of test solutions, from overall Missile test to Board test plus Simulators and Field Support equipment. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop technical and leadership skills across our broad range of products.
What will you be doing?
This multi-faceted role encompasses the leadership and conceptual design of Test solutions which are then implemented by the integrated design teams. The design activities of the integrated teams will be monitored and reviewed to ensure that the conceptual design is realised in accordance with the concept. Research activities will also be undertaken to identify and introduce new techniques and technologies into our test solutions as appropriate.
Businesses must continuously improve and MBDA is no exception. Identification and implementation of improvement activities will be part of the role. The activities of the role will often span the international boundary and encompass our French and Italian colleagues.
What are the benefits for you?
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company and multi-skilled team. Exposure to complex and technologically advanced projects and products provides a stimulating experience. Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, provides one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
What’s great about joining this team?
The UK Test Systems team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. These skills are located together in one plateau providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
High performing teams need high performing and competent individuals. To be suitable for this role, Individuals will be able to demonstrate a number of the following attributes:
* Possess significant and proven experience in similar roles, preferably in the defence industry.
* Substantial and demonstrable experience of designing manual, semi-automated and fully computerised ATE [Automatic Test Equipment] using COTS and / or custom special to type based equipment, including the software development.
* Possesses a broad technical knowledge of Test System architecture definitions, embracing Electronic, Mechanical and software disciplines.
* Possesses a good understanding of industry trends and best practices in test technologies / test techniques and electronic product design.
* Possesses experience of developing software to automate test solutions (i.e. National Instruments CVI / LabView / Test Stand, MS Visual C++, C etc.)
* Possesses a good understanding of the design processes / best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
* Possesses excellent problem solving skills.
* Able to act as a functional technical lead for Test Equipment activities (i.e. future concepts, applied research etc.)
* Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to n egotiation subsystem requirements with the systems authority / manufacturing etc and write engineering documentation such as specifications, reports and technical presentations.
* Must have a proactive and adaptable approach to dealing with rapidly changing requirements.
What would you get?
* Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.