11 months ago
Test Service Engineer (m/f)-TEMA-UKDY01594427
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, our employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Test Service Engineer - Derby UK
Reporting into the Test Operations Manager the primary responsibility of this autonomous role is to maintain and manage a high operability of all routine testing facilities, therefore requires the individual to manage outsourced contractors and assess safety at all times, ensuring all facilities are maintained to a high level. In addition, the individual will respond quickly to any issues, assessing the situation and autonomously reacting to reduce down time.
You should also demonstrate:
- A firm understanding of the high voltage switch gear and its operation. Knowledge and experience gained within a similar workplace will be beneficial to the role.
- At least five years' experience in a position of technical authority within a maintenance environment and can demonstrate that your understanding of an engineering discipline meets or exceeds HND level.
- Enthusiasm for innovation and commitment to promote positive change shall be a source of inspiration to those around you as well as leading and co-ordinating small teams of 6-8 people.
- A pre-emptive and holistic approach to problem solving, rationalising complexity and generating elegant solutions that will stand up to the demands of a varied and dynamic environment.
- As a Test Service Engineer you will be a focal point for reactive breakdown cover with detailed knowledge of legislation. Your ability to react quickly to change and deliver high levels of service will be key.
- Your skill in communicating detail and complexity in formats and terms appropriate to a wide range of audiences at all levels shall be of paramount importance.
Posting Date: 14th MarchClosing Date: 13th April 2018
Hours: 37 per weekCompetitive Salary
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Test Engineering
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular