11 months ago
AutoReq ID 134232BR
Job Title Test Manager, IT Services - Watford - Grade C
Country United Kingdom
Function KPMG Business Services
Service Line ITS
Service Line Information Over 1,000 people make up KPMG Business Services and they all play a key part in the firm's success. Whether they're in finance, procurement, HR, facilities, marketing or IT, they provide crucial support to the people who work in our UK offices. Flexibility and adaptability. These are just a couple of the things KPMG looks for in its IT Services team. We're a function of KPMG Europe LLP and, as such, we're a group that constantly needs to deliver a highly-flexible, customer-focused service in response to the changing needs of the business.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description Job Title: Test Manager
Business Unit: IT Services
Reporting Manager: Solutions, Engineering Manager
Work Location: Watford
Travel Required: Yes
As Test Manager, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and internal stakeholders. Our customer expectations are high, as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and KPMG businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by KPMG you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to drive progress in the testing sphere.
Reporting to the Solutions Engineering Manager, the Test Manager will ensure that all testing requirements are met to the appropriate standards including security, performance, functional and non-functional requirements, with the aim of implementing continuous deployment across any relevant platform. It will be the role holder’s responsibility to define and implement standards on testing tooling and test approaches in order to reduce the time to delivery.
The primary responsibilities include to:
Define testing standards for :
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Performance testing
- Integration testing
- End to end testing
- Fail over testing
Define tooling standards and implementation for:
- Automated test approach
- Performance testing
- Define Browser / Device testing standards
- Define testing standards
The role holder is expected to be an expert in the latest automated testing techniques/tools and agile delivery approaches to enable the Solutions delivery teams to deliver frequent releases with consistent testing approaches and outcomes.
This is a hands on role where the role holder will be expected to define and govern the testing standards, whilst working with the project teams to deliver the necessary changes to meet these standards. The role will incorporate a significant amount of engagement and management of 3rd part supplier relationships, specifically in relation to testing resource requirements for overall project implementation.
The role is also responsible for managing the relationship of the testing team across IT Services, providing support and assignment of resource into projects to ensure adequate skills and knowledge are applied to delivery and transition into an operational state.
The testing activities may provide out of hours support and this role will be expected to act as an escalation point as required.
The role reports to the Head of Solutions.
The role holder will specifically have overall responsibility and accountability for:
- Defining and governing the testing for all KPMG ITS owned systems, as required.
- Ensuring the implementation platform meets all internal security and compliance requirements
- Understanding how new tools and innovation can be used to reduce operational testing costs
Specific focus areas for this role are:
- High level of knowledge of automation testing tools
- Experience of testing systems in the cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Experience testing secure systems
- High level knowledge of operating systems, databases, application servers, virtualisation, cloud, security, version control systems, continuous integration and build systems to help guide the relevant project, request and testing resource
- Ensuring the rapid deployment of environments
- Researching and developing new techniques for automation of testing
- Understanding of security and compliance
- Understanding of data centre virtualisation and optimisation
- Maintaining a current understanding of, and governance over, the use of industry best practice in regard to testing strategies
- Will own the creation of testing budget request/business cases and have the direct responsibility to deliver against any agreed spend, specifically within projects
- High level knowledge of testing standards for databases, application servers, virtualisation, cloud, security in a continuous integration environment
- Agile Software Delivery
- Experience of working with suppliers
- Good communication skills and ability to work with Senior Stakeholders
- Ability to develop strong relationships across teams and with third party suppliers
- A healthy interest in self-development with a track record of studying new development tools and IT equipment, and keeping up with new trends and technologies.
- Experience of managing a complex IT testing service which is a combination of internal resources and 3rd party managed services
- Ability to identify opportunities for operational efficiency and implement agreed solutions
- Innovation / thought leadership / industry knowledge
- Resilience, with high focus on ‘getting stuff done’.
- High energy, flourishes in fast pace, dynamic environments
- Customer Centricity
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal, within and across teams, up through executive channels and across vendors and third parties.
- Ability to Develop and explain complex operational management information
- Appetite to lead a team in a unpredictable, high decision volume, evolving environment
Qualifications and Previous Experience:
- Experience of testing management with particular focus on development and implementation of relevant processes
- Ability to report at senior level across multiple processes, focusing on the key testing information to assist in relevant decision making
- Experience of testing management and reporting
- Ability to develop and leverage strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure dealing with a high volume of change
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Managing milestones, quality standards
- Managing partner/suppliers/clients
- Decision maker, able to act on own initiative but also able ask for guidance when appropriate
- Experienced in planning, facilitating, and managing change - strong facilitation skill are key to this role.
- Experience of working in a matrixed, dual reporting organisation where not all resources are directly owned by you
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Consulting, Manager, Marketing Manager, Procurement, Data Center, Technology, Management, Marketing, Operations