5 months ago
Airbus DS Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Test manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in NEWPORT
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
We are looking for a highly experienced professional to manage the Test & Verification project, defining and then conducting, or overseeing, all test and verification activities on the project to cost, time and quality targets in line with the Business Management System.
The Test & Verification Project Manager is responsible for demonstrating to the Authority that the deliverables meet the requirements for each Authority milestone and that Airbus should receive the associated payment for that milestone.
They are considered to be centres of expertise across multiple teams within a project.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Using appropriate tools and techniques verify and validate deliverables to standards defined in the BMS and specification requirements.
* Involvement in the development of Engineering dept. functions and procedures.
* To be responsible for the time keeping team and self with regards to task milestones.
* Provide technical leadership in at least one tool & technique used by Airbus Defence and Space across Engineering.
* Be aware of technological/engineering developments and issues in industry and interact with the Engineering Management to continuously improve Engineering.
* Represent Airbus on technical matters to the customer in expert field.
* Following contract award, establish the T&V project including definition of key staff attributes and skills, creation of the project/ team structure and creation of T&V strategy
* Manage production of test and verification strategies/plans which:
o Minimise risk by confirming validity of the technical solution as early/cost effectively as possible.
o verify that subcontractors deliverables fully meet their contracted requirements, and make recommendations for subcontractor acceptance
o demonstrate to the Authority that the system meets contracted requirements
* Be accountable for the production of test deliverables including test specifications, scripts and data
* Advise in the creation/use of the System Reference Model or other test environments
* Be accountable for the execution of relevant tests by the T&V team
* Manage the oversight of relevant tests by subcontractors during development and rollout
* Be accountable for the analysis of test results, identification of problems and subsequent retest
* Manage production of Authority acceptance test reports to the Authority and present at acceptance meetings
* Be accountable for a Verification Cross Reference Index of test and verification status against requirements
* Monitor, track and report on performance against plan including progress to date, plans to completion and issues arising.
* Be accountable for the defect management process with regards to T&V.
* Be accountable for the decision on acceptance at the Test Readiness Assessment meetings with deliveries from subcontractors and suppliers.
* Ensure the End-to-End testing complies with the project requirements and advise where a scoping exercise is required.
This role will involve travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Educated to degree level in either a science or engineering based subject - essential
* Formal qualification in project management – highly desirable (e.g. Prince 2 practitioner)
* Formal qualification in testing – highly desirable (Practitioner level of ISEB/ISTQB in Software Testing)
* Formal training in project planning tools - highly desirable (e.g. Microsoft Project)
* At least 8 years industrial experience in communications, IT or engineering design, development and implementation projects - essential
* At least 4 years test management experience - essential
* Knowledge and experience of managing test and verification activities across split location/multi-country design teams – highly desirable
* Sound experience in the risk and model based approaches to testing – essential
* Knowledge and experience of IEEE 829 and BS7925-2 – essential
* Proven experience in the following techniques
o Requirements management
o Mercury Test Director / Rational Test Manager - ALM / Quality Centre
o Defect management
Excellent competitive salary with yearly reviews
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Pension - match contribution based
Travel to and from company sites is paid for – car hire, flights, hotels etc
Car/bike to work Schemes with payment options available
Training and development opportunities