8 months ago
Job ID : 106351BR
Location : United Kingdom - Winsford
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Currently, we are looking for Test Engineer to be based in Winsford, UK. The role is full-time and permanent.
What will you do?
* Perform Final test of mechanical, electrical and pressurized assemblies and instrumentation
* Accurate Electronic Data recording, completion and maintenance of records in accordance with ISO 9001 quality system
* As a Key contributor to continuous improvement activities you will use problem solving and root cause analysis skills to improve design and build processes.
* Operating in line with local H&S requirements ensuring own and others safety at all times
* Support to other functional areas as required, for example Manufacturing, Service and Sales, depending on business demands.
How will you get here?
* Minimum HND level (or equivalent) in engineering (mechanical or electrical), chemistry or physics, Ideally Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering (Mech. or Elec.), Chemistry or Physics.
* Considerable experience working in instrument manufacture or as a user of such instruments.
* Fault-finding within instruments and Electrical , Electronic, and Gas Flow systems
* Understanding of working with both gas and liquid standards
* Excellent problem solving skills and identifying root cause of issues
* Proficiency in use of PC based data systems and standard desktop applications (MS Office)
* Working to deadlines through managing own time and liaison with others
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent Customer Service skills as direct customer contact is a feature of the role
* Working in team environment
* Experience of, and commitment to, continuous improvement activities
Join us and contribute to our mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !