8 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Test Engineer to join our Quality Assurance function within IT. You will be required to work with the Test, QA & Change Test Team. The role must provide support for the planning and execution of test activities, working within the agreed IT processes, to ensure robust and high quality solutions to the end-user community.
* Produce Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Scripts for functional, integration testing of applications, databases and infrastructure builds line with company guidelines and standards.
* Testing will include validation, integration, system testing a variety of software.
* Assist in the production of User Acceptance test scripts and scenarios
* Produce and present test and quality documentation for quality gate reviews.
* Provide time and effort estimates for testing activities
* Utilizes testing knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the practicality of testing process alternatives.
* Ensures that any risks associated with an agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues.
* Assist in Release Management and planning of deployment activities where necessary
* Takes responsibility for the production and approval of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project.
* Assist in the planning of User acceptance tests and coordinates the execution of these plans
* Perform functional and non-functional testing where required, both on applications and SQL databases, as well as testing infrastructure builds.
* Takes responsibility for all phases of testing and the management of the testing activities within a development project
* Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
* Record results in summary and detailed format and communicate those results as appropriate to all levels.
* Record and manage defects.
* Work closely with developers to investigate the causes of defects and help develop solutions.
* Work closely with Change Management to ensure testing is conducted in line with business requirements.
* Identify opportunities to improve the testing process.
* Error identification, investigation and resolution
* Support the Business Analysts and System Designers and 3rd party suppliers in delivery of robust designs and testable requirements.
* Proactively work to improve the quality of support delivered by Test, QA & Change Team as a whole
* ISTQB qualified to minimum foundation level
* Extensive, demonstrable software testing experience
* Actively contribute to the development of a formalised test and development framework.
* Knowledge and experience of Team Foundation Server, MS Test Manager, or similar Test Management and Defect Management tools.
* Experienced in testing SQL database and applications
* Good communication skills and a flexible team player.
* Ability to work well on own or as part of a small team, sometimes in a pressurized environment.
* Risk based testing experience
* Ability to plan and test infrastructure builds.
* A proactive self-starter, willing to drive issues to resolution with appropriate persistence and persuasiveness.
* Experience working with Agile methodologies
* Experience of automated testing using test tools ideally through Visual Studio
* Exposure to the testing of SAP applications.
* Any knowledge of testing BizTalk is a distinct advantage
* Experience of performance and security testing
* Familiar with general IT related competencies (infrastructure or applications).
* Familiar with methods and techniques for structured reviews.
* Analytical Thinking – Good at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
* Strategic Perspective – Needs to keep overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not be deflected by matters of detail.
* Applying standards – Good in application of relevant company, industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.