3 months ago
Test and Validation RF Development Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Test and Validation RF Development Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The successful applicant will join MAIT Portsmouth.
Outline Job Profile
The RF Responsible Engineer (RE) specialist systems role is for a team player, hands on, Principle engineer responsible for Test Systems RF Development. The RF RE systems specialist will be responsible for the Test System Hardware and Software activities related to the design & development of Test Systems with Test & simulation capability, to Test & Validate AIRBUS’s Analogue & Digital based Payloads.
Perform hardware & software development tasks, writing requirements, detailed design, validation, commissioning, testing and support for Test Systems applications with an emphasis on RF Engineering implementations.
Perform R & D tasks in support of new developments.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
The RF RE role includes but is not limited to the Test Systems, RF areas of responsibilities below:
* Produce and Maintain Requirements, Design, Integration, Validation & Implementation
* Apply the processes for Test Requirements, Specifications, Reviews and Delivery
* Support Deployment of Simulation, Equipment and Payload Testing
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Minimum Degree or equivalent in an RF, Microwave or Electronics Engineering subject
* Solid and proven experience in RF / Microwave electronics design & development of Test Systems having worked on RF & Microwave type designs
* Test Engineering ‘hands on’ role within a Communications Development or Manufacturing environment.
* Design and build of RF test equipment using Genesis or ADS Systems & Microwave Models
* Systems, Equipment, Unit and Interfacing Baseband, RF & Microwave Design
* Hardware & Software, Baseband, RF & Microwave Detailed Design
* Test Programming
* Solid and proven experience in theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the design and implementation of Hardware & Software for Automated Test Systems.
* Leadership skills based on Team motivation, management and direction.
* Documentation provision of Requirements capture, BID’s Proposals, planning, estimating, resource management, reports and presentation.
* Test/Development/Techniques/Disciplines in Microwave, RF, Baseband & Analogue Communications
* Measurement method development, implementation, validation and delivery
* Measurement Uncertainty Analysis and understanding to international standards
* Baseband, RF & Microwave Detailed Design, validation and implementation
* Measurement Instrumentation selection trade-off, system integration and implementation
* Instrumentation Integration & Control using GPIB, VXI, PXI, RS232, RS422, LXI, MIL-STD-1553, High Speed CAN.
* Test Programming using NI CVI and LabView or equivalent
* Test Executives understanding in Agilent TestExec SL, National Instruments Test Stand
* RF hardware design, validation and implementation
* Good basic hardware & software interface understanding
* Confident, self-motivated, responsible, flexible, good attention to detail, good communication skills across all levels of personnel.
* Team player, willing to learn about new technologies and learn new skills
* Able to lead a team of engineers to implement the design aims to deliver validated Test systems