3 months ago
Test and Validation Project Manager
Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Test and Validation Project Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The successful applicant will join MAIT Portsmouth.
Outline Job Profile
The Project Manager Test systems role is for a team player hands on manager responsible for Project Managing the Test systems team. The Test Systems Project Manager will be responsible for the Test Systems activities related to the Design, Development, Validation and Deployment of Test Systems with Test & simulation capability, to Test & Validate AIRBUS’s Analogue & Digital based Payloads.
Perform Project Management, Programme Management and Process Management to enable test requirements, design, development, build, validation, deployment, delivery, commissioning and testing tasks to be carried out to meet Generic & Project specific Test System requirements.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Airbus offer competitive salary and benefits.
The closing date for applications will be 18th January 2018.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
The Project Management role includes but is not limited to the Test System areas of responsibilities below:
* Provide the Project Management authority and responsibility for test solution provision and validation
* Manage all specified Project / Product project management aspects of the End to End Test Systems and Validation deliverables to meet AIT and Projects requirements
* Manage and Maintain Requirements, Design, Integration, Validation & Implementation
* Apply the processes for Test Requirements, Specifications, Reviews and Delivery
* Provide deliverables of Work packages
* Provide System product deliverables compliant to company process and national & international standards
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Minimum Degree or equivalent in Systems Engineering & Project Management
* Solid and proven experience in Systems Engineering & Project Management of Automated Test Systems applied to Digital and RF electrical applications
* Test Engineering ‘hands on’ leadership role within a Communications Development or Manufacturing environment.
* Track record of Delivery to Time & Budget
* Solid and proven experience in theoretical knowledge and practical experience in the management, systems engineering, design and implementation of Hardware & Software for Automated Test Systems.
* Leadership skills based on Team motivation, management and direction.
* Project management & provision of requirements capture, BID’s Proposals, planning, estimating, resource management, reports and presentation
* Systems hardware & software design, validation and implementation
* Understanding of Measurement method design, development, implementation, validation and delivery
* Understanding of Measurement Uncertainty Analysis and understanding to international standards
* Good basic hardware & software RF , Digital & Control interface understanding
* Understanding of Measurement Instrumentation selection trade-off
* Ability to lead teams & progress activity systematically on a daily basis
* Ability to present & direct meetings to meet the planned activity
* Confident, self-motivated, responsible, flexible, good attention to detail, good communication skills across all levels of personnel.
* Team player, willing to learn about new technologies and learn new skills
* Able to lead a team to implement the requirements to meet the design aims to deliver validated Test systems
* Ability to liaise with internal and external customers and teams