28 days ago
We are looking for a Temporary Works Engineer to assist the Temporary Works Coordinators in the delivery & co-ordination of all Temporary Works activities on tRIIO contract. The role will be based in Leicester and you will responsible for managing the temporary work interfaces between tRIIO and the supply chain.
tRIIO specialise in delivering the design and contracting services for the UK’s gas distribution network and providing the best possible service to our customers.
Working in partnership with Cadent (formerly National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
You will be responsible for:
* Implementing temporary works and ensuring compliance across the tRIIO delivery function.
* Ensure that the temporary works schedule is regularly reviewed and updated as required.
* Advising and supporting project planning and delivery to ensure all work activities carried out conform to tRIIO Temporary Works Procedure.
* Assisting with tender information when required; technical assessment of tender returns.
* Prepare Temporary Works Designs and Design Checks. Ensure that the temporary works design is satisfactory. Ensure that a design check is carried out, covering concept, structural adequacy and compliance with the design brief.
* Liaison with Temporary Works Installers and Designers. Liaising with both tRIIO and supply chain Temporary Works Coordinators and Supervisors.
* Leading by example and, in conjunction with the safety and delivery functions ensure a proactive safety and compliance culture and zero tolerance for accidents and self-inflicted incidents at all levels within tRIIO.
* Taking responsibility for meeting agreed performance targets, controls and costs.
* Design and construction procurement and design checking and approval certification.
* Ensuring regular and meaningful design review meetings take place.
* Ensuring that design changes are properly recorded, assessed and authorised as appropriate.
* Ensuring that design risks are recorded.
* Undertaking auditing compliance with the CDM Regulations including mentoring delivery personnel where required; assisting site teams with their responsibilities with regards to Temporary Works.
* Assisting with value engineering; designs take proactive account of health, safety, welfare and sustainability.
We're looking for:
* Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with at least 3 years post qualification experience in Civil Engineering
* Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer status
* Experience within the main facets of Temporary Works including Ground Support systems, Scaffolding, Formwork, and False work
* Experience of reviewing and checking the work of others, including calculations, drawings, reports and proposals
* Experience in co-ordination of the civil/structural works, completion of construction activities, reviewing contractor method statements
* Ability to discuss complex technical issues and with key stakeholders, ability to persuade and influence
tRIIO is a joint venture organisation, owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Applying for this position could lead to employment within either parent company.
* Location: Leicester, England, United Kingdom
* Schedule: Full-time
* Employee Status: Regular