about 1 month ago
Temporary Works Coordinator (FTC 2 Years)
Job number: UK14954
Company/Division: Power Transmission Distribution
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South West, Bristol
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Works Coordinator (FTC 2 years) to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Tarnock.
* To act as the Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC) on the Hinkley OHL & Cabling schemes. To ensure all activities are captured on the Temporary Works Register (TWR), design briefs are produced prior to activities being undertaken and to ensure the Temporary Works Procedure (TWP) is adhered to on site.
What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
* To ensure the TWR is populated and maintained;
* To ensure design briefs are produced and issued in line with the program and the TWR;
* To manage the progress of the design and act as a key interface with operations to understand their requirements and timescales;
* To inspect installations to ensure they are in line with the designs;
* If any installation or activity is unsafe, to stop work and escalate to management;
* To monitor any change on site submitting significant revisions to the designer for re-design;
* Attend site meetings and liaise with the client to understand and convey any concerns or changes to the design.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
* Detailed knowledge of BS5975:2019 and its application on live projects;
* Experience acting as a TWC on live projects;
* Interpersonal and communication skills;
* Management of time and the progress of tasks;
* Knowledge of ground conditions and experience on schemes with significant excavations;
* Experience of large construction projects in the UK.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.