about 1 month ago
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Operative on the 6 months fixed-term contract to work on the permanent Afternoon Shift (14:00 - 22:00) based in Tarmac Eaton Hall site, Congleton, North West England. We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into our Site Manager, the successful Operative, will be responsible for undertaking all site duties safely, understanding safety, receiving in raw materials, storage, production, despatch, housekeeping.
You will also take responsibility for:
* Meeting daily production target requirements
* Reporting of data for quality purposes
* Moving, loading and unloading product from the plant and vehicles
* Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround
* Continuous Improvement of performance standards
* Continuous improvement towards plant and production methods
* Good housekeeping
The Ideal Candidate
As our ideal Operative, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar production & despatch environment. You will also:
* Possess good communication skills and be numerate
* Ideally, hold a mobile plant licence for diesel counterbalance forklift truck
* Be a proficient communicator
* Be a good team player
* Willingness to work on the permanent Afternoon shift 14:00 - 22:00
* Have experience of manual handling
So, are you an experienced Operative or Forklift truck driver? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role?
If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting for a Production & Despatch operative and we want to hear from you!
We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
* Bonus scheme
* Enhanced holiday entitlement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
* Training and development opportunities