4 months ago
AutoReq ID 138044BR
Job Title Technology Risk Analytics Assistant Manager - FS Consulting
Country United Kingdom
Function Risk Consulting
Service Line RC Technology
Service Line Information Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Technology - Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation. Our specialists provide independent, jargon free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
KPMG Overview Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Within the FS Technology Risk team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT internal and external audit, IT risk management, IT control testing, IT project assurance, third party assurance, as well as the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements. KPMG are growing their IMG FS Tech Risk team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
- Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
- Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
- Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
The role comprises of the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and deliver of our data management and remediation work
- Assist the senior team in scoping engagements and designing solution requirements by obtaining detailed knowledge of business objectives and functional requirements
- Support the development of proof of concepts and solutions with the objective of finding innovative cost efficiencies in our remediation work around data engineering and management; data analysis; and visualisation
- Contribute to Business Development initiatives, which may include bid proposal and contract / proposition development, client pitches, commercial management and building and maintaining clients relationships
- Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
- Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
- Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
- Proven experience in business and data analysis and understanding of core business and financial processes within the financial services market
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data risk management issues, examples include,
o financial crime and regulatory reporting issues
o product miss selling
o S166 review
- Developing ad hoc data driven tools to support the resolution of issues as part of a tactical operation
- Developing MI and data within a remediation environment
- Experience the following technology areas:
o Data Analytics (SQL, SAS, Teradata)
o Data Quality (Trillium, Data Flux, Datanomic)
o Data Reporting (Excel)
o ETL (SSIS, Alteryx)
o Data Visualisation and Reporting (Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, MicroStrategy)
o Object oriented programming and development experience (Java, .NET, Python)
o Cloud computing and associated products (AWS, Azure, Google)
Qualifications and Skills
- Big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment within Financial Services
- Degree/masters qualification in IT, Engineering, Data science or similar
Our Deal At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
Flexible Working While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Assistant Manager, Risk Management, Analytics, Information Technology, IT Manager, Management, Finance, Technology