23 days ago
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £38,000 - £58,000 depending on skills and experience + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working Patterns Available
About the Department
Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
What is the Role?
We are currently recruiting for a Technology Operations Centre Manager to join the SSEN Transmission Digital team to build a Technology Operations Centre that will improve proactive monitoring, eradicate repetitive incidents and drive out failures in our diverse OT systems.
Some of the duties are listed below, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with field security staff, the control room, OT and IT staff to improve predictive maintenance and to improve the resilience and redundancy of our OT systems.
- You will also recruit and lead a small team of Technology Engineers
- Deliver value through reducing failures, improving resilience and increasing visibility of events and issues.
- Enhance cyber security and contribute to the cyber protection and defensive strategies of the business.
- You will introduce new technologies, complete detailed proof of concepts, research developing industry trends and recommend strategic improvements.
- You will work closely on the preparation of initiatives for enhancing national cyber resilience including initiatives with Ofgem and the National Cyber Security Centre.
- Your role will be to help plan for the outputs of the RIIO-T2 cyber resilience plan, helping build expertise in staff, policies and systems. This will include planning how equipment will be commissioned, monitored and analysed
What do I need?
To be considered for the role of Technology Operations Centre Manager you will;
- Ideally have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT and/or Data Systems Background
- Extensive experience of OT systems, including detailed analysis into failure trends and fault finding. Detailed appreciation of the trends in cyber security and knowledge of communications architectures used to support OT systems.
- Skilled in building strong relationships and developing a successful team.
- Ideally you will have expertise in OSIsoft PI and GE PowerOn, although some training will be provided.
- It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch with -******* or on or--******. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.