about 1 month ago
Job number: UK14613
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, East Midlands, Derby
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Technologies Trainer to join our Rail team to work in Derby.
What you'll be doing
As a Technologies Trainer, you will have the following responsibilities:
* Carry out classroom training for external customers on Omnicom Balfour Beatty technical software, in Derby and off-site (including occasional overseas)
* Carry out customer training via Webex;
* Develop new courses and update existing courses to keep up to date with
* Publicise training and answer customer queries about training;
* Training course administration and record keeping;
* Write and update user manuals;
* Occasional technical support cover; Dealing with customer queries by email and
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Training delivery experience;
* Experience in developing course materials;
* Good written skills;
* Good communication skills;
* Good organisational and administration skills;
* Attention to detail;
* Good team-working skills;
* Ability to grasp technical engineering concepts;
* High level of computer literacy;
* Keen and quick to learn new software;
* Preferably TAP Certified
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.