11 months ago
Tell me about Ovo…
OVO’s vision is to deliver clean, abundant energy for everyone. We started out as a retail energy company with a belief that we could do energy better through fairer pricing, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. As we evolved it became clear that OVO could bring even more value to its customers, transitioning to a smart services company that would develop innovations in energy technology and propositions.
In the last two years we have made several acquisitions which enable us to offer grid balancing services, smart electric heat, vehicle to grid charging and exciting propositions for electric vehicles, in-home insurance and distributed storage systems.
All of this allows us to bring cheap, low carbon energy to our customers to power their lives, support the integration of more renewables onto the grid, and help balance the grid during peak times.
We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
Right, I’m convinced… but where in the world of Ovo will I be working?
You will be working in our London Headquarters, and a member of the ETP (Energy Technology Products) / VCharge management team, reporting in to the Managing Director of VCharge.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
* You will be responsible for overseeing the shared operations function of ETP and VCharge, our energy storage device control platform. In particular, this involves supporting the delivery and ongoing operation of smart energy devices, device availability, and maximising customer satisfaction (NPS). Put simply, you would be responsible for making sure that our energy devices are working and when they are not, making sure they get fixed.
* The role will be a key support (non-installation) interface between the VCharge and ETP technical teams, our hardware installation channels and OVO Energy’s customer care team.
* Key areas of responsibility include;
* Manage 2nd line operations to provide;
* Live support to installation teams in the field
* Post-installation and in-life support to ensure hardware is operational at all times. This includes managing the device connectivity function.
* Coordinating with customer service teams and O&M providers to conduct any repair and maintenance work required
* Support tech teams in specifying and building support tools for device management.
* Working with product managers to continuously improve operational efficiency as well as stability of products.
* Researching and implementing alternative methods of efficiency.
* Ensuring that communication between departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
* Ensuring key performance indicators and service level agreements are in place and targets are met.
* Implementation of any new policies and procedures as well as process improvement
* Passionate about providing a great customer service to all customers.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* 2+ years experience managing an operations team
* Experience setting up processes from scratch in an engineering, manufacturing or software environment
* A genuine concern for customer experience - ensuring smooth and consistent functionality from devices in customers homes
* Experience setting a customer for life function in a SaaS business
* An analytical approach to problem solving and strength in designing and delivering systems and processes
* A quantitative degree ( engineering, math, physics, etc… )
* The ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
* The ability to be hands-on as well strategic
* Experience in launching / early stage products to markets
* Excellent organisational and leadership skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Experience with hardware products is a plus