10 months ago
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 days' holiday + day off on birthday
Role title: Technical Support Engineer (VCharge)
Where in the world of OVO will I be working and what will I be doing?
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in an OVO initiative from the beginning of the journey.
What is VCharge?
* VCharge has developed a unique solution for the 1.5m UK householders with storage heaters. This proposition gives customers with storage heaters more control, greater comfort and lower bills, whilst at the same time using the 'storage' in the heaters provide services to National Grid and others which help to incorporate renewable energy on the grid.
* VCharge has recently launched this product and is seeking a high calibre individual to join the team as Technical Support Engineer
* The role primarily involves remotely managing the performance of devices (heaters) in the field via our software platform, ensuring that the devices are working correctly and meeting the requirements of end users
The role may require flexibility to work occasional late shifts and weekends as needed.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* You will already have basic IT skills including some experience of scripting or even coding
* You will be technically competent and have a sound understanding of connected devices and a variety of software programs
* The Technical Support Engineer will be part of a small team and will be responsible for responding to issues raised within the required timeframe
* You will be good at working in a team and under pressure
* You will have experience in establishing issue handling procedures
* You’ll be expected to have great communication skills on the phone, email and web, including with customers
* As this is a new product, you’ll need to have a strong analytical ability, be flexible, self motivated and proactive in your approach to work.
* An ability to learn at pace is a must. You will get training and hands on support but you’ll need to learn on the job and be adaptable as we evolve our product offering.
* A passion for Technology, the Internet of Things and all things geek will definitely give you a greater chance to join the team!
You will also need to have:
1. Strong academic record
2. Relevant work experience
3. Computer scripting/programming experience
- Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising