8 months ago
About the Role:
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
You will be working as part of the Support Account team to ensure that we meet the agreed contractual and financial targets of Traffic Support. The 2nd Line Technical Engineer role will act as the next technical escalation point for the Technical Engineer and will deal with more complex incidents as well as maintaining positive relationships with clients through conference calls and on-site support visits. Provide 2nd line administrative and technical support. Excellent communication skills – liaising with internal/external clients, development teams and 3rd party providers
A typical week's responsibilities could include:
* Ensure that you adhere to all Support Desk procedures
* Ensure that you adere to all /service level agreements (SLA) both internal and external
* Using SQL to review, analyse and resolve issues
* Ensure that the escalation procedures are met
* Ensure incidents are resolved as per priority
* Co-ordinate the resolution of support calls
* Ensure that there is adequate communication between the team and clients
* Identify application bugs and escalate
* Identify additional functionality commonly requested by clients and escalate
* Ensure that clients have a complete update of outstanding calls/fixes on a regular basis
* Attend client sites and resolve support issues
* Provide application training for clients
* Provide technical fix training for clients
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree level qualification, management qualification or equivalent relevant experience
* Business awareness
* Customer service experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Operation Systems
* SQL - Practical experience
* Knowledge of market leading handheld computer hardware
* Relevant experience in a software support environment
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* A keen interest in IT and Mobile Devices
* Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively across WSP -Traffic Support
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
As one of the world’s leading professional services firms, long experience tells us it takes a lot of people to help deliver great projects. Our UK technical teams deliver great things, from skyscrapers to playgrounds, cycle paths to rail stations and roads to bridges … but only with the help of hundreds of expert colleagues in HR, Finance, IT, Proposals, Legal and Marketing teams. People like you are vital to making WSP a successful business.
When they look up at the Shard, catch the Manchester Metrolink or enjoy a clear drive between junction 28 and junction 31 M1, our people know they are involved in work that inspires, improves and protects. We need excellent people like you to help make it happen.