6 months ago
Purpose of Role
The Safe Systems of Work Project Manager at Northwood is responsible for the implementation of the site wide Safe System of Work (SSoW) in accordance with MoD JSP 375 Volume 3 and is required to deliver on time and within budget of specific project management tasks as delegated by the Engineering Manager in support of Lifecycle Works, Change Requests and Change Notices.
- Carry out Authorised Persons duties as required for the engineering services on site including electrical systems, mechanical systems, petroleum installations, working at height and confined spaces.
- The role requires the person to fully participate in the duty AP on-call service to ensure a fast response to emergencies.
- Ensure that all tasks and works that require a permit to work are planned and co-ordinated with all parties.
- Comply with the requirements as set out in the Carillion Statutory Compliance handbook.
- Undertake the roles of Deputy Responsible Person (L8) and Deputy RM.
- Plan and co-ordinate the site response to TRIAD Warnings during the winter period.
- Prepare, plan and co-ordinate all activities associated with Disruptions Notices including liaison with the Client and all related parties.
- Co-ordinate all AE site visits and audits.
- Prepare action plans and ensure they are implemented for an identified items arising from AE audits and inspections.
- Ensure statutory compliance of assets, systems, processes and working environments.
- In conjunction with the Lifecycle Manager and Maintenance Manager provide AP support to ensure all statutory inspections are undertaken in accordance with the PPM programme.
- Implement and manage the safe systems of work and operate permit to work systems in accordance with MOD and Carillion IMS requirements.
- Assist with developing operating and maintenance programs and strategies for all site services and assets.
- Assist with developing the engineering management strategies and processes to mitigate operational risks and develop robust business continuity plans.
- Managing and controlling budgets within delegated obligations and in accordance with personal objectives.
- Optimise the efficient and cost effective use of energy and utilities within assets and support sustainability objectives.
- Identify assets, plant and equipment that require lifecycle replacement and forward details to the Lifecycle team.
- Review, develop, implement and update service specific management plans, systems & procedures for compliance with the contract requirements.
- Prepare and provide management reports on the site wide AP services and Projects requiring AP support.
- Achieve performance targets for compliance, safety, sustainability and commercial performance.
- Liaise with client staff and other service delivery teams in an efficient manner for the delivery of works activities.
- Initiate, co-ordinate and implement inductions, training, team talks, toolbox talks and development of all staff for the services managed.
- Provide mentor support for perspective AP’s and Skilled Persons.
- Maintain personal training and development to support the role of AP, Deputy RP(L8) and Deputy RM.
- Monitor suppliers and Carillion staff to ensure compliance with Client and Carillion health and safety processes and procedures.
Additional Role Information
Experience, Qualifications and Training
- Minimum of HNC or equivalent in an electrical engineering discipline
- Experience of complex electrical distribution private networks up to 11KV and associated Large standby generator and UPS systems
- Excellent team working and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Must be capable of fully satisfying the Client security clearance minimum requirements for SC level
- Building services or mechanical systems or other equivalent qualification
- Recent work experience in a MOD environment or equivalent and compliance with Safe Systems of Work (JSP 375, Vol 3)
- Experience of preparing and implementing business continuity plans
- Experience of CAFM & SCADA/BMS systems