12 months ago
Job Id : 5048
Department : Facilities Services
Benefits : Competitive
Job type : Full time
Location : Lloyds of London
Type : Permanent
NG Bailey are currently looking to recruit an experienced Technical Services Manager to join us at the prestigious LLoyds of London contract primarily based at Lime Street, Central London but also responsible for additional sites in Kent.
You will have relevant experience within critical environments at senior site technical levels and experience and current qualifications with HV management and/or switching.
Purpose of Role:
The Technical Services Manager role is primarily centred on the management, delivery and quality assurance of all mechanical and electrical services in line with the overarching maintenance contract between NG Bailey Facilities Services and the client. This is a senior management role within the site team, working with other service partners to ensure continuity of the client’s core business.
Successful post holders will be strong in management and leadership practices, having the character and presence to help drive engineering excellence and continuous improvement throughout the whole team. The post holder will possess sufficient passion and integrity to be a key influencer on site, having good communication and networking skills to bring both internal and external stakeholders together as necessary to ensure outputs. The post holder will have good planning and organisational abilities to produce effective plans for corrective actions, as well as routine and reactive maintenance activities, thus ensuring compliance and contract performance.
* Accountable to the Account Manager.
* Functional authority over the two site Engineering Service Managers, and hence responsible for the day to day core mechanical and electrical services delivery and maintenance of technical excellence at relevant sites.
* Responsible for administration, assessment, coordination, planning and response to planned and reactive maintenance activities required at relevant sites.
* Providing direction and guidance to the Engineering Services Managers on the site specific maintenance requirements as necessary, maintaining correct compliance against all prevailing legislation, regulation and standards affecting the contract.
* Providing technical assessments, through written and verbal briefs, on current and future technical issues affecting site.
* Liaising and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery for the client.
* Provide coaching, mentoring and training opportunities to site staff to ensure adequate individual and team competency levels.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with the client and other appropriate stakeholders to support and improve on all aspects of our operation and maintenance activities on the site, including procurement and competency levels.
* Liaising with client and building users by representing NG Bailey in relevant working groups and forums for the continued operation of buildings within the contractual site definition as directed by the Account Manager.
* Relevant experience within critical environments at senior site technical levels.
* Experience and qualification with HV management and/or switching.
* Suitable experience and qualification for operation and management of mechanical systems.
* Proven managerial experience within multi-disciplinary teams.
* Demonstrable understanding of all relevant Health and Safety legislation and approved practices including SSOW and reporting.
* Demonstrable communication skills, with good verbal and written reporting abilities at working and senior levels.
* Experience and understanding of condition monitoring and trending techniques, including BMS use and other engineering data management and exploitation.
* Degree level educated or working towards within a relevant discipline for electrical, mechanical or building services or equivalent.
* Membership of or working towards relevant institution and/or professional status (i.e. CIBSE, IET, IOSH etc).
* Previous Energy Management Experience.
* 17th edition or registration with recognised body.
* City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or equivalent.
* F Gas trained.
* L8 trained and experienced.