6 months ago
Job Title: Technical Service Engineer
Business: Tata Steel, Tube Products
Band: Band D
Salary Range: £35,000 - £45,000 (Negotiable dependent on experience)
Are you a qualified engineer, looking for an opportunity in a customer facing role?
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Service Engineer (CTS Engineer) to work on the technical support and development of our offshore Energy projects.
Within our business, Customer Technical Services Engineers are part of the Customer Technical Services (CTS) team and are responsible for customer satisfaction by delivering proactive technical support on the basis of expertise and, products, thereby contributing to revenue improvements through product mix and volume. It works within the framework of the commercial objectives of Tata Steel and takes independent decisions regarding advice on technical product improvements for Customers.
As a Customer Technical Services Engineer, you will operate as a technical intermediary between TSE and TSE Customers to provide technical services. The role is a key differentiator in the organisation that greatly increases the value of TSE for the customer through technical expertise.
In this capacity, your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Be the First Line Technical Support for Energy Products/Projects
* As part of Customer engagement, carry out joint technical visits to our customers. This can be project specific or general customer visits as offshore line pipe products require a strong technical service from initial enquiry.
* Enquiry technical specification - all enquiries require a technical review of detailed specifications.
* Following offer to customers (including the P-spec) provide and required technical clarifications from the customers. There can be a number of these depending upon the complexity and/or number of comments.
* Ensure Contract delivery - Once we have secured a project/utilities contract/order we will advise the mill, and we will advise what documentation is required, this will be a minimum of an Inspection & Test Plan / Quality Plan and MPS. There may be some amendments/changes required so these will come back through to mill technical until finalised.
* Participation in project kick-off meetings once a project order is secured, which can be either at customers premises or at the mill
* Represent technical at any Pre-Production/Pre-Inspection meetings
* CTS support during the manufacturing of the project including technical advice and capturing technical data as part of the project remit for onward communication to the customer.
* Obtain an understanding of the current technical specifications from customer contacts with various functions at the Customer (buyers, technicians, quality departments)
* Obtain an understanding of the Engineer & Designers technical specifications and work towards a technical specification conversion to TSE differentiated products.
* Provide technical and commercial advice to sales (volume and product mix) is optimised for customers.
* Provide Customer information communication so that the technical customer requirements and demands are widely known within TSE.
To be successful in this challenging role, you will require the following qualifications, knowledge and experience:
* Chartered Engineer (or similar) with experience of the Construction industry in general
* Specialist knowledge in the field of tubular or structural
* Knowledge of and affinity for technology
* The ability to work independently but also within a commercial/technical team is essential.
* A high standard of communication and presentation skills.
* Knowledge of project management, product development projects, market development
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* Company Car Scheme
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Quarterly Bonus – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Private medical healthcare
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including childcare vouchers, free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
We can offer opportunities for individuals who are looking to develop their skill set within a varied manufacturing environment. Tata Steel have committed to key investments in their UK operations over the next 5 years. We are building for the future and investing heavily in our operations. We can offer support to employees who are also looking to develop their professional qualifications through an established, internal development centre.
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million ton and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Closing Date: Sunday 12th August 2018
Job Segment:Construction, Product Development, Inspector, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Research, Quality