12 months ago
Job ID : 71835BR
Location : United Kingdom - Remote / Field
Technical Sales Specialist, Synthetic Biology - London & The South
A fantastic opportunity is available for a field based Technical Sales Specialist, Synthetic Biology to grow the Synthetic Biology portfolio. The successful candidate will have the ability to build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and life science customers, position and sell relevant products across customer applications.
In this position you will sell the synthetic biology product portfolio in an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. You will have the ability and drive to promote the product features, benefits and applications to successfully sell the company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan.
You will be the primary driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business. you will be recognizable within the business as a technical leader within the sales force capable of driving strategic objectives and new products
What will you do?
Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
* Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Synthetic Biology.
* Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
* Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
* Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
* Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
* Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally.
Who we are looking for:experience, skills & abilities
* Requires a minimum Master’s Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience
* Previous sales experience preferred
* Excellent oral presentation skills required.
* Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently.
* Highly proficient sales and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple high value, long sales cycle business opportunities simultaneously.
* High motivation and energy level to develop new business
* Fluent in English, additional languages would be an asset.
What’s in it for you:
* Opportunity to work within and contribute to high performing team
* Fantastic opportunities to develop and progress your career with a world leading organisation
* Excellent flexible benefits and competitive salary
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. !