about 1 year ago
Technical Safety Engineer
Requisition ID :2020-69785
Work Location :GB-Durham-Darlington
Department / Discipline : Process
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a staff Technical Safety Engineering, at Senior or Engineer level, to join our Downstream business in Darlington, UK. The successful candidate will join a growing team delivering projects across the Wood portfolio. The engineering team delivers projects across the lifecycle from studies to decommissioning ans supporting operations. The Downstream business delivers projects across, pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, refining, oil & gas and infrastructure. Projects also include those related energy transition and developing technologies including hydrogen generation and infrastructure, carbon capture and storage and circular economy.
To provides services to brownfield and greenfield projects across multiple sectors including Oil & Gas, refining, petrochemicals, bulk and fine chemicals and pharma. Services provided cover the whole life cycle, typically from concept to EPC, and operational support.
You will work alongside the engineers and designers from all disciplines to ensure effective safety and environmental practices are observed and risk management processes observed. This includes providing support under the CDM regulations in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participating in project HAZOP, HAZID, SIL studies, and other safety workshops when required
* Providing sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
* Co-ordinating with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
* Providing technical support to site as required
* Producing and reviewing specifications, data sheets, schedules, study reports, and design calculations; ensuring that they conform to engineering quality, competence, and project management systems
* Attend client meetings and communicate issues with lead engineer as required
* Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
* Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
* Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of process safety and environmental engineering methodologies, software systems, and design practices as they relate to FEED, Detail Design, Construction, Commissioning, and plant Start-up
* Provision of guidance and support on appropriate safety and environmental engineering
* Awareness of international codes and standards
* Design deliverables associated with loss prevention scopes
* Co-ordinating of formal process safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, SIL Classification studies
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
* Degree in a related engineering discipline (chemical, mechanical or control) or a related subject
* Relevant work experience, refining and petrochemical experience would be an advantage
* Chartered Engineer, or working towards
* Awareness of process operations and/or brownfield modifications
* Awareness of environmental, Physical Hazard Effects (PHE) modelling and QRA is preferred but not essential
* Applicants should be able to obtain a UK security clearance
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.