3 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 42671
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We look forward to welcoming someone with passion and energy who is keen to champion excellence in delivery of high quality software to millions of customers
As NOW TV are part of the Sky family, you’ll benefit from either: free Sky Q (one off payment required for installation) or a NOW TV premium package as well as an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive London, UK campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
Your key responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager in NOW TV to help formulate and drive our project and programmes across multi territories. As a member of the team within Pay Lite Software Delivery Team, you will work in a friendly, supportive environment with like-minded, passionate people delivering the software and solutions that power the finest OTT TV experiences in the UK.
- Leading release planning and coordinating estimation activities involving representatives from all aspects of the delivery process
- Creating and maintaining delivery plans for software releases including aspects of preparation, development, testing, customer trial and deployment
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to keep a release discrete whilst also understanding in detail the scheduling and release ramifications across major components that make up the overall platform
- Effective planning of software projects, programmes and releases for the NOW TV platform that offer value to the business and are achievable based on the available development and test resources
- Leading the virtual team of delivery focussed colleagues whose individual and team contributions are critical to the success of each software release
- Managing relationships and assuring delivery from internal NOW TV, Sky and external vendor / partner teams that contribute to the delivery of NOW TV software releases
- Supporting the Portfolio Manager and Director of NOW TV in production of budgets, estimates, plans and strategy for the department
- Working closely with the Heads of Software Engineering to ensure all commitments are met
- A proven track record of technical delivery with 5 plus years in a delivery role
- Solid project management and execution skills
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder ability
- Relevant technical experience, ideally with an understanding of OTT, Streaming services and Sales and Service capabilities
- Ability to demonstrate a pragmatic approach to release management in terms of inclusion or exclusion of features within a time bound release schedule
- Be a charismatic leader, able to set clear direction and lead by example, managing delivery through others using the skills and capabilities within the team to achieve shared goals
- Have the ability to think strategically and tactically about technical and cross-functional issues and aptitude (and experience) communicating and collaborating across teams
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better