4 months ago
OptaSense is a world leader in Distributed Acoustic Sensing and proud to provide vital information to help protect and secure the world's critical assets.
Drawing on decades of experience in the signal processing world, OptaSense is able to turn standard single mode telecoms fibre into a listening device up to 50km in length. OptaSense is rapidly expanding, with growth built on providing cutting edge solutions and excellent service to clients with security and monitoring requirements in tough environments. The OptaSense system has been deployed successfully worldwide and we now have operations in over 35 countries, in industries such as Oil and Gas, Transport and Security.
Join a challenging, dynamic and fast growing business with an exciting portfolio of international clients working on some of the most critical and exciting projects around the planet.
Job description/Person specification
• To lead, manage a range of technical projects across all the business groups supported by Operations and Delivery.
• To provide focused technical management of projects providing a clearly defined interface between Project Management and Technical Management.
• Support the project management team by providing expert technical support and delivery from project conception to field deployment.
To act as key technical support to Projects:
1. To plan and organise, systems and equipment for system installations and testing as designated by the Operations Director, Operations Manager or Project Manager.
2. Working with client representatives provide technical project managed services in support of equipment build, design and deployment
3. Provide technical guidance on the production of drawing packs to company standards including CAD packages, Build Standards, Equipment Lists.
4. Acting as a key technical discipline, support Project Acceptance Workshops by providing insight and guidance on technical delivery, especially around technical compliance.
5. As part of each Acceptance Workshop, define the key technical deliverables along with Technical Risk and Mitigation Plans.
6. Act as a key technical communicator to clients providing and supporting technical discussions and where necessary visiting client sites in support of this.
7. Manage all aspects of a projects technical compliance matrix, managing exceptions and controlling variation against specified contracted scopes
8. Provide support to the Bid Phase in terms of technical content and planning
9. Provide technical governance across all of the nominated projects along with clear technical delivery plans.
10. Across all of the nominated projects detail and manage technical progress reports for each client, as well as interfacing internally to manage the timely delivery of outputs such as software, documentation, and resourcing needs.
• The ability to plan, manage and control multiple technical projects
• Detailed understanding of system design and build within a DAS environment
• Problem-solving capabilities in computing, networking and leading technology-based technical installations.
• Highly computer literate – adaptable to a range of applications – bespoke GIS-based software, Visio/CAD computer management, multimedia, as well as standard office applications.
• A good understanding of Project Delivery Methods, including Agile and SCRUM, would be an advantage.
• Customer focused technical experience within a technology-focused discipline/product.
• Ability to detail technical issues and proactively manage issues to resolution using a range of tools and assets of the OptaSense group.
• Ability to interface with a diverse client base from a range of cultures and from a wide industry sector including the Oil & Gas and Military sectors.
Experience & Qualifications:
1. A Technical background supported by either a vocational qualification such as HNC or HND. Or a Graduate with a Technical Degree in Physics, Science or Engineering
2. 2+ years’ experience in delivering technical projects or experience derived from a Field Application domain
3. Proven knowledge of DAS or other relevant technology such as DTS or Optical Sensing Systems.
4. Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards including Risk Assessments & Method Statements.
5. PMP, AMP, PRINCE2 Qualification desirable but not essential
OptaSense, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status.