12 months ago
Role Title and Location:Technical Project Engineer, Test & Testability- Stevenage
Job Ref No P7181
MBDA Level of role Level 5
Reports to Chief Design Engineer
MBDA are looking for experienced test and testability engineers that want to use their knowledge in a system/sub system management role. The role includes defining and managing the requirements for test and testability across the product lifecycle.
* Responsible for collating Test and Testability requirements from all Customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle.
* Actively lead and ensure optimum Built In Test (BIT) coverage is achieved at system and sub-system level
* Management of Test Coherence across the system
* Responsible for defining the test architecture (test access) of the system in liaison with the Chief System Proving Engineer, Chief Design Engineer , Manufacturing Manager and Customer Support teams.
* Responsible for proposing and recommending, with the Chief Design Engineer, the cost vs test coverage trade-offs.
* Responsible for the system Testability Modelling in order to partition and assign test targets to the sub systems.
* Support to sub system testability modelling in order to ensure that overall test objectives are achieved
* Working with the manufacturing team define the Special-To-Type Test Equipment (STTE) required to support production
* Actively lead the development of the Test solution to meet all project requirements.
* Defining the project diagnostic and prognostic strategies
* Responsible for the management of Test System obsolescence to optimise upgrade programmes.
* Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
* Interface with and manage customer expectations throughout the development process
* Responsible for defining and implementing the Test and Testability Policy within a Programme.
* Ensure modularity and reuse objectives are achieved.
* Technically manage internal & external suppliers for delivery of sub-system work packages to time, cost, quality and performance requirements
* Responsible for direct technical supervision of engineers within their team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team.
What's in it for you?
* It gives the opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing process through interaction with systems designers, Chief Engineers and suppliers. There are future opportunities to become a Team Leader within the Chief Design Engineer (CDE)Project teams
What’s great about joining this team?
* There are about 30 staff within the Electronic and Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all co-located with their Project Teams in Stevenage. You will be working for the Project CDE and interact with a broad range of other Functions within MBDA, but have a high degree of autonomy and represent the Project / Function in many meetings.
What are welooking for?
Ideally educated to degree level with substantial experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering, ideally including:
* Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
* Analogue electronics and RF.
* Power Electronics.
* Experience of structured Test Modelling techniques
Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including:
* Systems design.
* Safety systems
* Ability to technically manage internal and sub-contract activities.
* Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
* Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders across the company.
* Determination and desire to succeed.
* Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
* Willingness to travel when required.
What would youget?
* Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).