about 1 year ago
As Jagex ushers in a new era, we are setting our sights high and need an ambitious Techincal Programme Manager to help perpetuate our vision to be the Home of Living Games.
Working closely with our Lead Platform Engineer, we need someone who can spearhead and drive the creation of a brand new platform that will be pivotal to the growth of our company.
You will be empowered to lead and build out a new team, services, software and support this platform over a long term period. This will include guiding the software design and steering the processes that go into the long-term vision and maintenance of our platform technologies.
As part of your role, you'll be:
* Building, managing and supporting a technical product team
* Managing a steering committee on a product vision that addresses the company’s needs
* Growing the product over time and communicating outwards and upwards
* Arranging regular activities and meetings to share information & build consensus
* Tracking, promoting, and relaying information on key decisions & shared discussions
* Following up on actions and communications
You will also organise processes that help with:
* Publishing and deployment
* Information sharing across teams and publication of libraries and design documents
* Team communication and organisation
* Technical Quality Improvement process and build systems
* The support of software systems built by the product team
* The live operations of a software platform
What we are looking for:
* Strong project management skills with proven experience delivering projects on time and to spec
* Expertise in developing software using Agile methodologies
* Experience in leading and managing a team
* Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
* A disciplined approach to long-term programme support, metrics, & documentation as a way building teams and culture
* Ability to communicate upwards and outwards to stakeholders
* Ability to build and deploy platforms based on stakeholder requirements
* Some database and strong spreadsheet skills
* Software development background
What we offer:
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.