11 months ago
Technical Planner - EC&I
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: EC&I Technical Planner - 24 months fixed term contract
Location: Royston and Brimsdown
Job Family: Engineering.
We are currently recruiting for an EC&I Technical Planner to work within Platinum Group Metal Services to work in both our Royston and Brimsdown sites. The purpose of the role is to work within a team to create new asset maintenance plans and develop the existing maintenance regime across the Royston and Brimsdown sites in line with the company priorities and the asset management plan.
An essential part of the Johnson Matthey asset management excellence journey to deliver a sustainable manufacturing environment.
The purpose of the EC&I Technical Planner is to work within a team to create new EC&I asset maintenance plans with regards to critical trips /alarms. You will help develop the existing maintenance regime across the Royston and Brimsdown sites in line with the company priorities and the asset management plan.
· Develop PPM routines for identified Safety critical plant, Environmentally critical plant and Reliability critical plant.
· Work in a multi-disciplined team to ensure all aspects of maintenance are covered for each identified asset.
· Liaise with the maintenance team & functional experts to ensure details of PPMs are understood and are achievable.
· Ensure the equipment maintenance requirements from process hazard reviews are addressed.
· Liaise weekly with the maintenance planners to discuss progress/ concerns.
· Use FMECA to develop PPM requirements where they are not prescribed.
· Understand and share best engineering practices for asset maintenance, incorporate into maintenance strategies and continuously explore ways to improve the performance of a range of assets and through this drive excellence in asset availability.
· Ensure that for a range of assets, planned work maintenance regimes are in place, which deliver operational availability targets at optimum cost. Furthermore, to ensure that asset expiry projections are communicated through Lead Engineers to customers on an on-going basis such that replacement activity can be affected timely.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
· A diploma or equivalent in an engineering discipline, or apprentice trained
· Evidence of working in a similar role
· Process mechanical, electrical/controls or civils bias required
· Good understanding of maintenance techniques and their application
· Good knowledge of Asset Management Systems
· Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. COMAH, Chemical, Oil & Gas etc.) is desirable.
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a FTSE 100 specialty chemicals company with a market capitalisation of £6.4bn. It is a leader in sustainable technologies, underpinned by science and with a reputation for world class innovation. The group is highly profitable, (operating profit of £493m in the year to March 2017), but it believes that performance should not be measured by profit alone – it is also about running the business in the most sustainable way. Founded in 1817, Johnson Matthey has grown to a company employing circa 13,000 people with operations in over thirty countries worldwide.
Efficient Natural Resources is an autonomous business, one of four Sectors, within Johnson Matthey plc with revenues of circa £1 billion (circa £7 billion including precious metal value acquired and traded) and operations worldwide.
Platinum Group Metal Services (PGMS) is one of four businesses within the Efficient Natural Resources sector that manages, distributes, refines and recycles precious metals and fabricates products using precious metals and related materials. The business unit also manufactures platinum group metals, minor metal compounds, organometallics and fine metal powders for high technology applications, as well as providing a range of management services for platinum group metals.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. A full job description is available on request from UKRecruit@matthey.com. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online –
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Requisition ID: 8572