about 1 month ago
Technical Manager (Maxim)
Job number: UK14096
Company/Division: Balfour Beatty Investments
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, Scotland, Motherwell
About the role
Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join our investments team to work in Maxim.
* Management and coordination of site specific technical production information from both within BBH and from external consultants.
What you'll be doing
* Day to day management of the internal and external technical teams;
* Management and coordination of site specific technical production information from both within BBH and from external consultants;
* Production of and adherence to technical programs in line with overall site delivey program;
* Liaison with external consultants in the production of specialist design information;
* Liaison with external architects in the production of site specific housetypes and external works information;
* Ensuring that product is compliant with current Approved Documents;
* Ensuring that site specific housetypes are compliant with site specific regulatory and planing requirements;
* Ensuring that site engineering information is compliant with regulatory and planning requirements;
* Ensuring that all regulatory compliance / approvals are gained in a timely manner and in line with overall program;
* Review and approval of production information prior to issue;
* Oversee compilation of the pre construction health and safety file;
* Review and update design risk assessments on a regular basis;
* Coordinate the handover procedure of technical information to the operations team;
* Ensure all temporary works designs and appointaments are in place prior to site start;
* Support Technical Director in maintaining and updating technical policies and procedures;
* Regular audit of design and process management;
* Liaison with other disciplines to ensure fully coordinated design strategy and solutions;
* Review and update the Construction notes Sales specification for the product range in conjunction with the Commercial and Sales Teams;
* Secure adoptions for roads, sewers open space etc;
* Ensure duties are carried out in line with company standards relating to Quality, Healthy & Safety and Sustainability issues;
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
Who we're looking for
* Good written, verbal and communication skills;
* Self motivated and well organized with ability to operate efficiently with minimal supervision;
* Strong analytical skills;
* Commitment to Balfour Beatty Investment Information Security Policy;
* Commitment to Balfour Beatty Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect;
* Commitment to Balfour Beatty Zero Harm Agenda.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.