9 months ago
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Technical Manager/Design Coordinator for our @one alliance (Anglian Water) framework.
You will be accountable for the technical resource delivery at programme & project level. Ensure technical outputs meet the requirements of the Totex Delivery Process as well as meeting project affordability within timescales agreed with the project team. Outperform on cost whilst maintaining quality & delivering on time against a backdrop of repeatability & challenge where deemed appropriate. Provide technical support during assembly as required.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
You will report directly to the Programme Area Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Plan all technical aspects of the programme & projects, working with the IPL & Solutions Manager (SM), to assist in the formation of a design strategy, ensuring that this is adhered, supported by a Plan for Stage involving the wider team. Ensure rigorous application of the Risk & Value process & challenge technical solutions to provide best value. At all times the strategy shall include the Enabling team to ensure that all relevant enabling activities are undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Be responsible to the PDM for delivering and coordinating all technical aspects of the project in accordance with the plan. Work with the Discipline Head (DH) to agree technical resource required, forecast & manage resource costs throughout the project. Ensure that any and all external design works are undertaken by suitably qualified and experienced teams which are provided with clearly defined scope culminating in agreed costs and timescales. Work with the IPL and Project Delivery Manager (PDM) to monitor and report on the technical team’s progress on all required deliverables - advise any deviation from schedule or budget. Attend production meetings and, where needed, chair design meetings. Keep track of all scope changes and ensure that the change control process and technical query process are adhered to and communicated fully on all projects. Take the lead in driving a culture of continuous improvement within the design and wider community.
• Drive excellence in Health & Safety in design, ensuring a culture of safer by design by eliminating hazards & risks wherever possible. Provide clear and concise information about any remaining risks which the construction teams or end user will need to be aware of. Ensure pre construction information and design risk assessments are completed, compliant with CDM and the requirements of AW's Safe and Well procedures. Ensure that the completion of the Health and Safety file is done in a timely manner.
• Support the Engineering Manager and champion the Benefit by Design business case objectives, ensuring that, wherever possible, designs are driven by Standard Products or Proven Designs. Ensure every effort is undertaken to align the design with construction teams, providing them with assistance to deliver the project in line with the Industrialised Construction ethos.
• Manage your key stakeholders. Provide technical liaison with the end-user & construction manager. Be the key interface between design & project teams and strive to provide excellence in customer service to AW customers and stakeholders.
• Support the IPL, Design Manager (DM), DH & PDM to maintain team energy and focus when work is difficult and results hard to achieve, foster a mind-set of personal accountability. Provide guidance to less experienced team members - assist with the mentoring and development of staff to reach their maximum potential. Provide feedback to the DHs for one-to-one technical reviews of engineering staff and ADRs. Assist in ensuring that the training of the engineering team meets the needs of current legislation and client standards needed to perform at the highest level.
• Work with the DHs to ensure that all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards and specifications. Ensure rigorous application of the Risk & Value process and challenge the technical solutions to provide best value. Work with the project teams to reduce waste and minimise carbon – through design, materials and standard products / techniques including construction assembly. Ensure effective communication and interfaces with the Integrated Procurement Team (IProc T) and the supply chain.
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Have previous experience within a similar role
• Relevant Engineering degree
We are an equal opportunities employer
only 8 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
only 27 days until close
only 27 days until close