3 months ago
Do you have what it takes to transform society?
We are currently looking for a talented and motivated individual to provide planning and environmental permitting advice to existing clients but also develop this service offering and provide governance oversight and technical leadership across a range of projects. The successful candidate will contribute to the business strategy for waste management activity as part of the growth of the Geoenvironmental Advisory Services team within the UK.
We welcome applications from either Principal Consultant, Technical Manager or Technical Director levels. This role could be based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester or Leeds.
In this role you'll be responsible for:
* Leading and developing the Environmental Compliance, Planning and Permitting work stream for the team.
* Providing significant operational and technical advice on environmental compliance, materials and waste management projects.
* Leading the development and delivery of resource and waste management marketing/development activities within the Geo-Environmental Advisory Services Business Unit strategy.
* Managing relationships with existing clients, maximising opportunities across the business as well as identifying external opportunities and working with the relevant part of the business to capture them.
* Taking responsibility for assuring that governance processes are followed in the delivery of the teams projects.
* Acting as a Technical Authority on relevant projects to ensure technical quality.
* Promoting knowledge management and innovation; assist in the developments and sharing best practice.
* Assisting in the development of technical policy, procedure and design solutions across the teams projects.
* Defining technical competencies required to deliver the business unit strategic objectives, and advising the Team Leader and Business Unit Manager.
* Identifying capability shortfalls and developing a strategy to address, advising Team Leader and Business Unit Manager.
* Assisting in the mentoring of appropriate project managers on the teams projects.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
* Significant demonstratable Planning and Permitting experience.
* Demonstrable technical experience in appropriate specialisms.
* A successful record of project delivery.
* Capability to support team members development by promoting and supporting training schemes.
* Proven experience in the management of projects including programming, resourcing and follow up.
Professional Memberships and Qualifications:
* Higher education qualification in an appropriate environmental discipline.
* Recognised professional qualification(s) and membership(s) of appropriate professional bodies.
* Good communication and team working skills.
* Able to support and direct people.
* Ability to recognise opportunities within inter-team working as well as at project level.
* Understanding of governance systems and procedures, financial project management systems, and business and commercial issues.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). You’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
Closing date: 14 May 2021
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
Let’s transform society together at Sweco.com/careers
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core of our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 17,500 employees in Europe, we offer our customers the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 20.6 billion (EUR 1.9 billion) (pro forma 2015). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If I have a disability, can I get help (e.g. “reasonable adjustments”) with the application process?
If you’re an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, please contact -******* for assistance.
In order to address your request the following information is needed:
• The best method for contacting you (Phone or email)
• The position title
• Requisition/vacancy number
Upon receipt of this information, we’ll respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
16 days ago
only 5 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close