about 1 month ago
Airbus DS Ltd.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Technical Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport. The successful applicant will join the Engineering team within our Secure Communications group.
The Technical Manager shall work with the Project Manager / Product SDA to identify, plan, communicate and ensure that the engineering team execute the Technical design and following items to ensure the delivery of the engineering element of a project.
Tasks & accountabilities
¤ Planning and execute the engineering activities. These shall be agreed with the Project manager as part of the overall project plan; this will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Defining the scope of the engineering effort
- Estimating effort & cost,
- Creation and management of work packages and statements of work
- Identifying key external dependencies and deliveries (including but not limited to project milestones)
- Production of a SEMP or equivalent plan into the overall project
- Scheduling and organising the required Technical reviews and providing the deliverables into those reviews
- Producing forward load for the engineering function
- Running the day to day engineering activities with the engineering team
- Define the documentation/work products to be produced and their structure; especially the production of a quality bill of material and Product Breakdown Structure
- Ensure that the processes that will be employed are aligned with business best practice as described in the Business Management System
- Define engineering objectives and constraints including achievement criteria
- Identify the infrastructure and services required (eg IM Services, tools, licences)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
¤ Experience in the Technical management of engineering product is essential
¤ Technical project management skills to include work package development and delivery (OTOCOQ) is essential
¤ Experience in the Technical governance and organisation / running of Technical reviews (eg Design reviews , phase reviews , design certification etc) is essential
¤ Experience in creating and delivering product/project Technical documentation to Military or commercial standards is desirable
¤ Background in Mobile Adhoc Networking highly desirable; experience in related technologies such as Networks / Systems, Signals, RF, High Speed Digital Technologies and Software development is desirable
¤ Able to make tough decisions, under pressure; namely be able to identify, characterize and evaluate a set of alternatives and select the most beneficial course of action and enforce these decisions.
¤ Have strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills;
¤ Familiarity with C and Linux will be of benefit
¤ Experience with IP networking technologies and network management
Must have existing UK SC security clearance, or be capable of attaining UK SC clearance
This role is based at Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, with occasional requirements for business travel within the UK and abroad
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you