7 months ago
This role is integral part of team responsible for delivering best-in-class consultancy services, development of project delivery strategy and the delivery of technical solutions and consultancy to key customer accounts, within the EMEA region of GE Grid Solutions.
Consultancy services will be provided working with GE project engineering services, developing project delivery strategy and delivering solutions built on the GIS (geographic information systems based on GE Smallworld) and identifying collaborative opportunities to deliver wider integrated solutions to meet customer business requirements.
This position will be located in the either the UK or Germany. A key part of this role is the responsibility for managing and working with customers, with focus on building good working relationships and delivering a quality service.
Based upon our asset management suite for telecommunications and utilities (primarily but not limited to; Smallworld, Physical Network Inventory, Network Inventory Gateway, GeoSpatial Analysis, Electric Office), product structure and functions:
* Technical Leadership of the delivery and implementation of large complex telecommunications and utilities solutions for European customers
* Operates over the full project delivery timeline and is responsible for the delivery of the full technical solution delivered to the customer
* Analyse, define and prioritise Business and Functional requirements and processes and propose technical solutions to meet the business issues and close inefficiency gaps
• Responsibility for the Business requirements through the entire lifecycle of the project from definition, implementation, test and delivery
* Full and complete understanding of the GE delivery methodology
* Owns the delivery of one or more of the technical stages and is an experienced senior Smallworld consultant
* Strong leadership, personal and interpersonal skills.
* Manages each of the technical stage owners in support of their deliverables in line with the wider project team to ensure full technical team alignment
* Ensures all dependencies between the technical stage owners are managed effectively.
* Owns and is responsible for the full technical delivery of any engaged third parties in the delivery of the solution
* Assist in providing technical input and estimates for pre-sales based deliverables, and mitigate technical risk
* Create and maintain relationships with key decision makers, stakeholders and 3rd Parties
* Manage partners and 3rd party deliverables to ensure adherence to pre-defined processes and strict acceptance criteria
* Participate & lead technical requirements workshops
* Write and present technical proposals and presentations
* Ability to take ownership of issues and get them resolved using initiative
* Native/Fluent German speaker
* Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline
* Proven experience in a senior technical role within a system integrator or Software Consultancy practice
* Strong background in spatial technology, graphical applications, real time systems, or other enterprise solutions
* Experience business analysis and solution architecture large complex enterprise solutions
* Experience in Agile methodologies and tools.
* Proven track record of problem analysis, identification and resolution
* Direct customer facing experience
* Flexibility to travel to customer site when required, within the wider EMEA region and on occasions further afield as necessary
Key Personal Skills
* Multi Task manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Cultivate and maintain good customer relations
* Passionate about customer satisfaction
* Positive attitude
* Willingness to accept and promote change
* Work as part of the team
* Ability to quickly learn and acquire deep understanding of new software applications and environment
* Develop a breadth of knowledge in the Asset Management products and keep abreast of new technology developments
* Committed to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
* Familiar with contract terms
* Experience working with global teams / partners
* Strong oral and written communications skills (In German)
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cambridge