9 months ago
Colas Rail Infrastructure is all about speed and quality - reconciling the demands of minimising 'possession' time with laying track to the highest standards of accuracy. Meticulous planning, strong site management and investment is how we have squared this circle and become the UK's largest renewals contractor. Colas Rail believes the investment made in training and development is vital to maintain competitive advantage. We are committed to utilising training and development to ensure that every possible opportunity is available to our staff. We offer structured training schemes for apprentices, technicians and graduates and employees are also encouraged to pursue, on their own initiative, continuing education and training, particularly when this leads to vocational and professional qualifications relevant to their work.
Technical Engineer S&C
As Engineer you will support the Lead Engineer in all technical matters associated with the planning and construction of the allocated multi-disciplinary sites. You will also be expected to co-ordinate all Permanent Way aspects of construction and associated works with the other disciplines and to deliver construction work safely to the level of quality expected by the company and the Client; to budget and in line with all relevant standards, processes and procedures.
* May undertake the role of Deputy CRE (as nominated).
* Carry out analysis, prepare plans/programmes, detailed site/track/topographical surveys, review or check Particular Specification, designs or estimates, undertake detailed planning, site visits and progress work as directed.
* Control all on site technical activities and quality control.
Qualifications and experience required
* Education to HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent suitable experience.
* Comprehensive understanding of permanent way and related engineering principles, including interfaces between disciplines.
* Safety Management training.
* Good knowledge and understanding of track standards, processes and procedures.
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We are therefore unable to consider either CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies.
Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail. Any agencies wishing to be considered as a preferred supplier are asked to submit their company details to the Recruitment Team.