about 1 year ago
RPS Group is a leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, employing over 5,000 staff worldwide. We are quoted on the London Stock Exchange as a FTSE 250 company, a member of the FTSE4 Good index and a secure and stable business in uncertain times.
We have the expertise to support clients across a range of different sectors and services and are acknowledged as experts in energy, transport, planning, water, waste, design and environmental consultancy.
Our UK Water business employs around 850 staff and has been providing services to the water industry since 1993. We work for all the UK water and sewerage companies and most of the water-only companies. Our services include Water Networks, Drainage, Software Solutions, Surveying, Design, Leakage Consultancy, Water Resources and Efficiency, Flood Risk and the Water Environment and Customer Service. We have a reputation for meeting the challenges posed by large, complex projects and for conducting business in an open and responsible manner. Our strategy seeks to ensure continuous improvement in the range and quality of the services that we provide and the delivery of tangible results for our clients.
The role is for a Technical Engineer working on the contracted project for the Service and Maintenance of Pressure Reducing Valve to Yorkshire Water. RPS are contracted to provide maintenance and optimisation of the Client’s clean water pressure management network. The role is based at the client’s headquarters based in Bradford, West Yorkshire together with site work as necessary across the Yorkshire region.
Main responsibilities will include;
• Collaboratively working within a project team
Deliver maintenance and optimisation of Pressure Reducing Valves
• Assistance and support to the project Team and clients’ Engineers
• Undertake proactive analysis and monitoring for asset performance
• Undertake installation, maintenance and commission of PRV controllers
• Maintain technical quality ensuring assets meet client needs and specification
• Operate in accordance with the Corporate health and safety, environmental and quality standards
• Promote good working practices
• Liaise with clients Water Operations when necessary
The role would require though not essential for candidates to possess the following skills and knowledge:
• Previously worked within the Water Industry or similar utilities background
• Mechanical or engineering background and discipline
• Computer literate - Microsoft Office, reach out and data software
• Ability to work within a team and independently
• Good written and oral communication
• Ability to understand technical aspects of the project, strength in hydraulics and water distribution
• knowledge of corporate software Netbase, GIS or similar
• Essential to possess Full Clean Driving Licence
• Site and field experience, worked with live assets in commissioning and maintenance
In return we offer an annual salary of up to £28,000, 24 days annual leave, Company vehicle, company pension and option to join RPS company share incentive plan.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, simply send a CV and covering letter via the Apply button above