23 days ago
Job number: UK17841
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, Scotland, Motherwell
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Engineer to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Motherwell.
* Support the Technical Services Group in ensuring the implementation of business and engineering excellence across the whole of BBK in line with BB, UKCS and Business Unit Strategies;
* Provide information and management support to BBKs leadership.
What you'll be doing
As a Technical Engineer, your main responsibilities are as follows:
* Work closely with the Technical Services Group leads to ensure objectives of the group are achieved - HSES, Quality, Design, Digital, Engineering, Authorising Engineers and R&D Tax credits;
* Support BBK MYC programme and work with BB central MYC team to deliver the benefits of MYC;
* Support BB new futures strategy and work with TSG Director and HSES manager to develop and implement a sustainability plan;
* Support BBK R&D tax credit initiative;
* Report monthly progress on MYC, sustainability and R&D tax credits ensuring all projects and office locations are implementing these initiatives;
* Work with customers and supply chain partners in sharing and learning on best practices in engineering, sustainability and innovation;
* Lead workshops and to deliver on actions;
* Assist in ensuring all parts of BBK are compliant in BMS standards;
* Actively participate in relevant BB Communities of Practice;
* Comply with IPR (intellectual property rights) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) rules.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
* ONC or above or qualified by experience in an Engineering discipline;
* Knowledge and understanding of engineering best practice in either a mechanical or electrical discipline;
* Can develop technical solutions to complex engineering issues;
* Good communication skills with the ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure and delivery;
* Working knowledge of IT and experience with digital processes;
* Ability to create effective relationships with the project team, supply chain partners and customers under time pressure to help support the delivery of business and project goals;
* Results driven and can work equally as well in a team or on their own;
* Adaptable, ambitious and keen to develop their career.
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
* Understanding of BB Business Management Systems and Gated Life Cycle processes;
* Understanding of multiple digital techniques and ability to train/mentor and develop other team members;
* Confidence to lead workshops and to deliver on actions.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to 2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.