about 1 year ago
Technical Director - Traffic & Transport
Main Purpose of the Job
This role is responsible for leading and managing a credible transportation team of the Pell Frischmann business. A key focus will be the management, growth and development of the highly motivated team of transport planners and traffic engineers. The role will also include management of significant client base both current and future. Reporting to the Divisional Director of the sector, the role holder will be responsible for working for this area of the business as well as reviewing projects with a national and a regional remit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
· Development, leadership and delivery of the sector business plan for the region including management of significant client base both current and future
· Take a prominent role in delivering the sector business plan
· Co-ordination of resources and ensuring staff capabilities are sufficient
· Identify potential clients and liaise with the Divisional Director / Sector Director to define market and client development strategies
· Ensure bids submitted reflect client requirements and are prepared and submitted in compliance with PF procedures and incorporate legal and commercial reviews as appropriate
· Mobilise resources from supporting departments as required
· Develop and maintain departmental systems and procedures
· Promote close working across the group
· Line management responsibility for a team. Responsible for employee development through the Performance Development Review (PDR) process. Ensuring Training Plans are completed and followed up as appropriate
· Responsible for overseeing the delivery of the projects on time, to cost and to quality within the transportation portfolio
· Providing technical leadership for projects within the transportation portfolio.
· Degree in Transport, Mathematics, Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning or a related subject (essential).
· Chartered with a relevant professional institution
· Ideally have a MSc in Transport Planning/Engineering
· A minimum of 10 years of Transport Planning experience (the level of experience will determine what level you come in as).
· Demonstrable track record in winning and delivering projects
· A proven ability to build client relationships
· A proven ability for work winning including preparation of credible bids
· Experience of working with public and private sector clients
· Develop and manage a team of skilled individuals
· Experience of being responsible for the learning and development of the team
· Efficient communication skills, excellent level of written and spoken English
· Project Management in a range of projects at both low and higher values
· Good overall understanding of transport planning, policy, transport modelling and traffic engineering to ensure you can be responsible for overall delivery of projects to a technical quality, on time and to budget.
· Experience in highway / junction design at least at the concept design level
· Good understanding of transport modelling including strategic and micro -simulation
· Experience and understanding of transport policy and drivers influencing transport infrastructure decisions
· Good understanding and experience of business case development
· Experience and understanding of development planning and development infrastructure
· Knowledge and experience of transportation planning and design guidance including but not limited to WebTag, DMRB
· Familiar with current design codes and standards
· Report Writing
· Commercial Management of Projects
· Team Leadership
· Project Management
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org