11 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer in our Gosforth office in Newcastle upon Tyne. Our Environment & Infrastructure team provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services to both the municipal and industrial markets covering all aspects of water, wastewater and solid waste management and treatment.
Our Process Engineering Team is looking to expand, increasing its skill base in the provision of clean water process design.
* Undertaking the role of Subject Matter Expert (Water Treatment) leading in provision of specialist technical direction and guidance
* Extensive knowledge and experience in the treatment to produce clean water in the municipal sector; knowledge of the industrial sector is seen as beneficial
* A thorough understanding of water treatment chemistry and treatment techniques
* Experience in the development of technical solutions from concept selection, through design development, installation and commissioning
* Familiarity in carrying out site investigation, problem identification and solution development
* managing all aspects of process design/engineering packages
* The ability to work in multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including managing the input of more junior process engineers
* Effective input into business development and drafting of proposals
* The ability to liaise directly with clients’ personnel
* Flexibility in being able to operate in other technical sectors is encouraged within Wood
* Expertise in other technical sectors such as wastewater and solid waste treatment is seen as beneficial
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in process/chemical engineering or chemistry, with membership of an appropriate professional institution
* Demonstrates excellent technical skills and have significant experience with a demonstrable track record in water treatment works design and, possibly operations
* Able to work effectively within multidisciplinary design teams and demonstrate effective leadership of process design, managing junior engineers
* Experienced in building and maintaining strong customer relationships and effectively contributing to proposal writing and business development initiatives
* Ideally, the role will be based in Newcastle upon Tyne, however, we would consider other locations for outstanding applicants
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.