11 months ago
Technical Director - Development Planning
Requisition ID :2018-32606
Work Location :GB-West Midlands-Birmingham
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Our Planning, Transport and Design team is hugely successful with a growing portfolio of impressive projects and clients in the public and private sectors. We are a vibrant RTPI award winning team working with some of the nation’s most prestigious clients on a wide range of exciting projects across the country. Our team has been established for over 25 years and has a highly impressive reputation for delivering technical excellence and innovative solutions – that is why we have retained so many major clients throughout this period and are continuing to grow rapidly.
With our established planning teams in Leamington Spa and Shrewsbury we have the largest number of Chartered Town Planners of any planning consultancy in the West Midlands (RTPI Planning Consultancy Survey 2016).
We are now seeking a Head of Planning for our new central Birmingham office to spearhead the growth of our planning, development and regeneration business in the Birmingham and West Midlands area. This is an exciting new opportunity, suitable for a dynamic Director level individual with outstanding vision, ambition, flare and leadership skills.
* Lead the growth of Wood’s planning business in the Birmingham area from our new central Birmingham office.
* Working with other Directors, prepare and lead the implementation of a business development strategy to steer and achieve business growth.
* Identify new business opportunities and lead the preparation of bids to win new work.
* Develop a network of relationships with new and prospective clients.
* Grow and lead a successful planning team in the Birmingham office.
Skills / Qualifications
* Demonstrable success in a Director level leadership role in the public or private sectors.
* Proven ability to lead a team and achieve successful business growth.
* Successful track record of leading major projects and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
* Excellent network of contacts in the Birmingham and West Midlands.
* Ability to generate new business through existing relationships as well as supporting growth with new clients.
* Extensive knowledge of planning, development and regeneration issues in Birmingham and the West Midlands
* Technical excellence in planning, development and regeneration.
* Qualified to degree level in town planning or related discipline and a full member of the RTPI or RICS.
* Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
Wood offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and provides support to staff in developing their careers through structured professional development.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.