4 months ago
Technical Development Chemist
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: Technical Development Chemist / Process Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Development Chemist and Process Engineer to join our Research & Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in the concept, trial, design, installation and commissioning of improvement projects, asset replacement and new processes. There is also a responsibility to provide technical expertise and support to the PGMR, VRP and Effluent production plants including hydrometallurgical and calcination processes.
The role requires the incumbent to have excellent communication skills to work in a multi-disciplined team, as well as the ability to analyse data proficiently, display findings effectively and complete coherent reports.
The successful candidate will be appointed on site at Royston but may be required to support the Brimsdown operations when needed.
* Promote high environmental, health and safety standards and behaviours for yourself and your co-workers
* Develop and improve hydrometallurgical, thermal and concentration processes in conjunction with production, customers, external technology suppliers, JMTC and other members of the technical team
* Undertake bench, pilot and plant scale experimental work
* Provide process expertise to enable HAZOP studies to be carried out on new process plants and Process Hazard Reviews on existing operations
* Carry out appropriate risk assessments (Risk, COSHH, Manual Handling, etc) for the development work
* Participate in root cause analysis of incidents that occur within the PGMR, VRP and effluent plants on the Royston site
* Assist the Capital Projects team by providing technical expertise including developing process flow diagrams, conducting trials on new equipment and collecting data for design
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
* First degree in Chemistry or Process Engineering (or similar) based subject
* Substantial experience within process development or relevant operations experience would be advantageous but not essential
* High level of numeracy working with systems and data
* Understanding of Statistical Process Control and statistical analysis
* An ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
* Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced environment
* Strong health and safety awareness
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidate applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.