12 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for proactive, detail-oriented students to get involved in writing technical content for use by our partners.
Technical Communications Interns
The Technical Communications team is part of the ARM Partner Enablement Group. It is responsible for producing and maintaining customer-facing technical content for all ARM products. Technical Communications has a presence in all of ARM’s major design centers. The Technical Communications team has a vacancy for a summer internship in the Austin office.
As an intern, you will be working alongside members of the team from a variety of backgrounds, technical and non-technical, from graduates to experienced Information Developers. The successful candidate will have a keen and demonstrable interest in technology, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key responsibilities could include:
* Create and maintain structured technical content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use, and adheres to Tech Communications writing standards with supervision.
* Ensuring that technical content complies with corporate standards.
* Ensuring that technical content production complies with current processes and policies.
* Working with the Product Information Architects to create structured content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use.
* Working closely with the product development teams to obtain source information from personal investigations, internal project documentation, and interviews with subject matter experts.
* Incorporating review comments.
* Tracking and reporting on the progress of the technical content lifecycle.
Are you a good fit for ARM?
To be considered for this position you should be studying a relevant degree course in one of the following fields:
* Computer Science
* Comparative Linguistics
* Electrical Engineering
Essential skills and experience that we are looking for include:
* Curiosity about technology, and willingness to learn about ARM’s products.
* Excellent knowledge of the English language.
* Good communication skills.
* Demonstrable organisational and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent customer focus and result orientation.
* Self-starter and able to work from own initiative.
* Flexible and pragmatic in approach, remains agile.
* Confident with metrics and good numeracy skills, problem solving ability.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road