about 1 year ago
Technical Approval Engineer
Location: Crewe, Cheshire
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Up and Under Ltd, a member of RSK Group, are an engineering consultancy, undertaking inspections and surveys of various buildings, bridges and other structures within the transportation, utilities and building sectors.
We now have a unique opportunity for a Technical Approval Engineer to join the team in Crewe, Cheshire. We are happy to consider this role on a full time or part time basis. Please state your preferred hours in your application.
Technical Approval Engineer – Crewe, Cheshire
The primary responsibilities will be ensuring technical compliance through report checking and approval and assist with the training and development of team members.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Checking of inspection/investigation reports to ensure that outputs meet with the technical requirements of the company quality standards, client brief and other recognised industry standards
* Provide constructive feedback to inspection staff with the aim to continually develop technical knowledge and learning
* Identify development and training needs and report to senior management
* Coaching and mentoring of inspection staff with regard to technical competence
* A proven track record of the relevant engineering and technical disciplines
* Ability to prepare clear, concise and informative reports, correspondence and other written materials
* Demonstrable experience of ability to check and approve the technical content of inspection and examination reports
* Ability to mentor and develop team members
* Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Familiarity with bridge management systems e.g. SMIS, BCI and BCMI an advantage
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Comply with our drug and alcohol policy
Salary and benefits
* £ commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.