7 months ago
AutoReq ID 133855BR
Job Title Tech Risk Data Analytics Assets Senior Manager - FS Consulting
Country United Kingdom
Function Risk Consulting
Service Line RC Technology
Service Line Information Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Technology - Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation. Our specialists provide independent, jargon free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Description The Team
Technology Risk Analytics is a fast growing business in KPMG, where we are developing a significant capability in both banking and insurance. The team is looking to continue its growth through the recruitment of a Senior Manager to support the development of our assets business within our internal and external clients.
Our practitioners work on challenging projects with leading FTSE 100 clients across risk analytics, advisory and assurance.
The role will be focused on building understanding of our data as a service capability (technology and people combined to provide risk data insight) within our internal network and lead sales within key clients building our pipeline in this space.
- The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant asset based Banking data engagements which can then be grown out through value add additional analytics services and building a network within the client to utilise the newly aquired assets
- Internal networking and stakeholder management to educate KPMG’s market facing senior team on the value of these assets and services
- The ability to manage projects, people and clients in the delivery of software assets and consulting services
- Demonstrating the ability to articulate the technology impact of regulatory or business change to clients (key examples include Solvency II and Internal Model Validation)
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience required of successfully leading and selling data/software assets work to Financial Services clients.
- Experience in business and data analysis and understanding of core business and financial processes within FS
- A track record of building a SAS or similar business, leading business development and teams in this area
- Experience of independently generating data work within the Banking sector.
- Client relationship management
- Experience of managing large teams with different skillsets.
- Ability to communicate technical information in non-technical language.
- Ability to supervise and develop others.
- Analytically minded and have the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge quickly to deliver insights and solve problems
- Strong Microsoft skills (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point).
- Experience in some of the following or similar technology areas:
o Outsystems and similar low code platforms
o Data Integration and Federation: e.g. SAP, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Informatica and Ab Initio
o Data Repositories: e.g. Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, Netezza, and DB2
o Master Data Management: e.g. Oracle, Informatica MDM, and IBM
- Big 4 professional services experience or dynamic IT consultancy environment within Financial Services.
- Customer Data and Banking data in retail and commercial settings
- Solvency II, MIFID, BASEL, SOX, Common Reporting Standards, AML, FATCA, Conduct experience.
- Remediation programme knowledge including Financial Crime, Miss selling and Data Quality
- Programme/project management experience.
- Supported the sale of engagements related to the technologies and capabilities described above.
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience, ideally in a finance, engineering, operational research or mathematical subject.
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Analytics, Database, Risk Management, Information Technology, IT Manager, Management, Finance, Technology