5 months ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
Our clients develop major aviation, highway, rail, energy and water infrastructure projects and we are seeking a talented Team Manager and Project Manager to join our dynamic Land Services team in Manchester.
As a Team Manager, you will work collaboratively with our technical leaders and be supported by our discipline leadership team, to lead a large and dynamic group of professionals of all grades. You will be responsible for reporting progress towards financial targets, maintaining utilisation levels and effective resourcing, as well as co-ordinating and providing direction to the team.
As a Project Manager, you will lead a team for one of our key clients who is seeking to deliver a high profile and complex project and be responsible for ensuring the project is completed on schedule, to the required quality and within the allocated budget.
As a Team Manager, you will:
* Lead on the safety, health, wellbeing and ethics of the team
* Act as ‘Lead’ Line Manager and ensure the team is sensitively guided through change
* Maintain and develop the team structure
* Coordinate team KPIs including training and personal development
* Lead on local resourcing; collaborate with national and international team leaders to balance resource requirements
* Inform and manage recruitment needs in line with the business strategy
* Ensure that Information Security protocols are followed
* Oversee monthly financial and utilisation targets
* Coordinate monthly financial reporting by local project managers
* Promote and encourage commercial awareness in the team
* Work collaboratively with all Land Services technical teams to promote our collective service offering
As a Project Manager and a member of our Project Management Office, you will:
* Lead the delivery of our Services for one of our key clients, delivering a high profile and complex project with a multimillion-pound pipeline of work (dependant on project mix)
* Interface with client team counterpart to determine client expectations, acting as a trusted advisor
* Manage the interface between the client and WSP and manage all progress reporting and cost controls in collaboration with the Technical Manager on the project
* Discuss where efficiencies could be made to give the client 'added value'
* Set up regular internal / external progress meetings (in collaboration with the client PM)
* Manage a delivery team of land referencers, GIS consultants and data managers across office regions, ensuring that the project has sufficient resources to meet the demand of the programme
* Ensure that quality procedures are being adhered to through discussion with the lead land referencers and the Technical Manager
* Schedule projects using MSP or P6 in collaboration with the Technical Lead.
* Review and advise on the contract scope and discuss with project delivery team
* Forecast using cost to complete tools for reporting to the client and internally using off-line work books and online systems
* Developing KPIs with assistance from the Technical Lead and Principal PM
* Lead risk workshops where appropriate (in line with internal and client expectations)
* Manage project controls through WSP and client systems
* A working knowledge of the DCO, CPO or hybrid Bill processes would be advantageous
We would love to hear from you if you have:
* An appropriate degree qualification in a relevant discipline
* Previous experience leading a large team
* Previous experience of commercial contract/ project management
* APMP, Prince2 or similar Project Management qualification
* Experienced project manager with a track record of successful delivery of services on major projects
* Ability to interrogate, question and challenge information
* Ability to coordinate the submission of accurate reports to predetermined deadlines
* Understanding of project management, project controls and procedures normally associated with a major integrated infrastructure project
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Project (or Primavera P6)
* Experience interfacing with client organisations
* Membership of a Professional Institution
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.