16 days ago
We are recruiting for a Tax Accountant to join our company. This position will sit within our Utilities business which is going through some very exciting & positive changes. This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced professional to come into our business to and take full responsibility for direct and indirect tax compliance, planning and reporting and have involvement with the production of statutory accounts
This is a full-time permanent position and will be based from home with occasional travel to the office which is based in Chorley.
* Ensuring all direct and indirect tax obligations are fully complied with
* Preparation and filing of direct and indirect tax returns
* Development and management of process and systems to manage tax reporting
* Handling tax enquiries with HMRC
* Providing support to contract teams to maximise tax efficiency of project bids
* Managing direct and indirect tax planning and reporting
* Managing and monitoring direct and indirect tax payments and cash flow reporting
* Deferred tax calculations
* CIS Tax reporting and compliance
* CITB levy returns and optimisation
* Involvement with the production of monthly management accounts
* Involvement with the production of statutory accounts.
* Senior Accounting Officer reporting
* Country by Country reporting
* PAYE and NI issues, including:
* Support of payroll
* PAYE Settlement Agreement
* Expenses tax issues
* Part of the Utilities Finance team
* Reports to Finance Manager (Central Overheads)
* Turnover level currently at c£200m
* Responsibility for direct and indirect tax compliance, planning and reporting for 3 trading legal entities.
What are we looking for?
· ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
· Good IT skills (Excel, Word, ERP system)
· Ability to handle detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
· Extensive CT and indirect tax experience, preferably in a similar sized business or large or mid-tier accountancy firm.
· Financial reporting
· Significant experience of tax laws and regulations
· Extensive Corporation Tax knowledge
· Extensive VAT knowledge
· Working knowledge of accounting standards applicable to a services and construction business
· Experience of accounting systems (e.g. SAP/Oracle)
· Strong teamwork and relationship building skills
· Enthusiasm to remain up to date in technical area
· Willingness to take responsibility for improvement
· Commercial awareness and focus on risk/value to business
· Ability to work independently with minimum direction
· High level of attention to detail.
· Ability to prepare and deliver high quality financial outputs in a demanding business environment
· Strong Communication skills with an ability to engage with wide range of stakeholders
· Ability to interrogate complex data sets and identify key drivers and correct inconsistencies for accuracy.
· Ability to organise resources effectively to deliver against challenging timelines