15 days ago
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £41,307 - £54,556 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
As our Systems Support Engineer, you will:
1. Develop new and existing Operational Systems to the security and resilience standards required for 24/7 operations.
2. Be the first line of support for Operational Systems during office hours and assist with fault/defect rectification, liaising with other departments as required.
3. Support change control management - developing systems and documentation processes.
4. Work with project teams to facilitate new project integration.
5. Assist in the definition, configuration, commissioning and documentation of changes to all Operational Systems.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Experience in one or more of the following areas: SCADA systems, cyber security, telecommunications systems, renewable plant operations, telephony and systems configuration.
2. A degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an engineering or IT discipline or significant and demonstrable industry experience.
3. The ability to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvement.
4. Strong analytical skills, a high level of expertise and aptitude for IT systems / applications and good working knowledge of databases, SQL and Visual Basic.
5. The ability to deliver high quality work in a demanding project environment and be able to coordinate and motivate team members and stakeholders.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on -******* or--******.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.