5 months ago
Location: Templecombe, United Kingdom
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Primary Purpose of Role
* The Integration, Verification, validation and Qualification (IVVQ) team sits within Systems Engineering and delivers full lifecycle engineering support across SONAR. Command and Control and Communications.
* The primary role will be to focus on Integration and Validation work at the Templecombe Site, as well as showing a high degree of flexibility to support Validation and Qualification work on initial Platform builds#
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
The role may include, but is not limited to the following activities:
* Preparation of estimates of IVVQ activities for bids.
* IVVQ planning and execution at system level from the start of a programme to its delivery.
* Provision of IVVQ metrics to projects to demonstrate progress.
* Generation and Validation of Factory Acceptance Test Schedules, harbor and Sea Acceptance Trials documents.
* Conduct of Factory Acceptance activities.
* Conduct of first of class and as required subsequent platform trials
* Collate and present requirements sell-off evidence gathered during testing.
* Conduct of Proof of Design activities.
* Provision of problem and test reports to support to review boards.
* Management of Project work load and resources.
* Support to training course and handbook generation material.
* Foster the sharing of best practice, knowledge & skills across SIT&S.
* Compliance with all export control rules and regulations including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
* Identification of opportunities either within or outside of core areas of expertise.
* Identification of personal and professional development growth.
* Other activities as specified by the IVVQ Team Lead.
* The post holder will be responsible for his or her own wellbeing under the Health and Safety guidelines of Thales and contractor sites as appropriate.
Experience and Skills
* Comprehensive working knowledge of one or more skills :-
* IVVQ management, its practices and principles.
* Knowledge of SONARS/Acoustic products
* LINUX Environment
* Demonstrable experience in managing test and integration activities.
* Demonstrable experience in leading small engineering teams and the ability to lead and motivate individuals within a matrix structure, managing the requirements of multiple stakeholders.
* Demonstrable experience in the investigation and rectification of technical integration problems.
* Excellent communication, presentation, negotiating and decision making skills.
* Good inter-personal skills, self-organised, autonomous and motivated.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Experience in use of DOORS.
* Experience of Thales processes and tools – DDQS, CHORUS II, Primavera and Oracle.
* Experience of working internationally.
* Knowledge of the mine warfare domain.
Education and Qualifications
* Recognised, relevant technical qualification, to Degree / HND level
* A good working knowledge of systems engineering lifecycle concepts and principles.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!